Help! Ready to harvest?

Hi Namaste

"So, my first successful grow is almost there and it feels great, partly because I know I'll have a stash that will last me and some select friends for months, but mostly it's the sense of achievement and the knowledge that it's been grown with quality in mind and not profit. Here's to never having to buy bud again"

Ain't that the best, knowing you have your own. Some people are all about making money from their grow. Me, I'm into quality smoke, which I control and self supply, which again I control. Not having to pay for it, thats just a huge bonus.

Don't leave it too long for your next run. I found because I had it, I smoked up a storm for the first couple of successful grows and got really low. I ended up rationing myself to make it last and this was not good. Now my stash is enough to weather any storm and having a mix of different smokes makes it all sweeeeet.

Good luck with the next one

Merl1n

Light leaks and some other things can delay maturation - just test it. Pick a bud, chuck it in a bit of foil and put it on the ballast/shade for a day then take it off and let it re-moisten a bit (so it doesnt go powdery) and chop that bitch up.

Thanks wilderbud. I've got a pretty sweet setup - dedicated 2.4m x 2.4m room built inside my shed. Have sat in there with the door shut in the middle of the day for a few minutes - no leaks. Also, I'm running 12/12 with lights on from 6:30am to 6:30pm so at the moment the dark hours align with night-time here so I'm pretty confident that light leakage isn't the problem - thanks anyway mate.

Yeah, I sampled some gear off one plant last night and it was good. Have now pulled that one plant and have left the other to see what happens.

Check my initial post for the images dude.

Peace.

Namaste.

I reckon 'mostly cloudy' is the way to go re. harvest. Id grow an indica/ indica dom. plant and harvest at 'mostly cloudy' if i wanted that more narcotic high.

If you're in a cold climate the night time temps could be a problem if growth is slow. Anywhere below 13 deg C will start to stunt them a fair amount i believe (id be running lights over night). You'd also wanna make sure the root temps/ nute temps etc are ok (ie off the cold cement floor) and things like that.......You're probably all over it but just thought id mention it :)

If you're in a cold climate the night time temps could be a problem if growth is slow. Anywhere below 13 deg C will start to stunt them a fair amount i believe (id be running lights over night). You'd also wanna make sure the root temps/ nute temps etc are ok (ie off the cold cement floor) and things like that.......You're probably all over it but just thought id mention it :)

Thanks Amos. Good suggestions mate. Running the lights overnight for a winter grow makes a lot of sense. I had the opposite problem with my first (and unsuccessful) grow. Room got way to hot during a crazy heatwave last November here in Adelaide. Even with an insulated grow room, after several days in an oven-like shed there was nothing I cold do but watch my plants cook in 40+ degrees about 5 weeks before harvest.

My grow room has a bare concrete floor but the pots are on a platform 40cm off the ground and the room is insulated, ceiling and walls. I have a thermometer in the room and I've not seen it outside of the range 22-28 degrees C on this grow. I have a simple 'drain to waste' manual watering system but I must admit to using water straight out of the garden tap into the watering can and the H2O is frigid cold during our winter so that may be shocking the plants a bit.

Amos, I like your logic. My next winter's grow will be with lights at night and with a reservoir of water in the grow room acclimatising to the milder temps before using it to deliver the nutes.

Now, do I dare sneak in another grow before the impending summer and risk another heatwave disaster? You bet I will. This grow-your-own hobby is addictive :-)

Thanks again Amos and the entire OzStoner crew. The sharing of wisdom in this community is a beautiful thing.

Peace.

Namaste.