Boy, 12, caught with cannabis at school

A 12-year-old who took a kilo of cannabis to sell at school has stunned his teachers.

The boy was caught with the stash, worth about $7000, at Auckland's Manurewa Intermediate.

The Herald on Sunday says he was caught when his mates were found smoking the drug.

He had been given it to sell by a family member.

Manurewa Intermediate board chairman Gary Rogers says police were called because of the amount of cannabis involved.

Manukau City councillor for Manurewa, Daniel Newman, says there's no place for drugs in New Zealand schools and the case demonstrates how "useless" and "hopeless" some families are.

Newman thinks the actions of the family are appalling and irresponsible and he wants the full weight of the law to come down against the person who supplied the cannabis to the 12 year-old.

Official figures show 109 New Zealand primary and intermediate schools stood down or suspended students for drugs-related offending last year.

Date: 8 August 2010

Source: Newstalk tvnz.com

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/boy-12-cau...-school-3688042

Hey I was slanging and banging when I was 12 too, just cause I thought girls were kinda lame and 50% of the milk I used to drink ended up infused in my t-shirt, didn't make me any less of a man.

I first tried pot at the age of 12 or 13.

I do however agree that this age is far too young, 12 or 13 and the brain is still rapidly developing. Occasional use may not disrupt or cause problems, but regular use will nearly allways be a problem. And what wanker gives a 12 year old kid a kilo of herb to sell to his friends at school.

Edited by Allotropy