my room is overgrown what should i do?

hey guys i need some help. i will start by telling u about the grow. there are 3 50litre trays and one plant in a pot. the tray on the left has 2 plants and the 2 in the middle have 4 each. the plants in the trays are all clones and the one in the pot wasgrown from seed. this is my first grow so i am still experimenting.

the room is 2.5m by 1.2 m and i have 3 600hps lights.

i am growing in coco and using the canna coco a &b.

anyways i put them on 12/12 mid may. around mid june i noticed the timer board i used for the lights stuffed up and they stayed on. not sure how long they were like that but since then i got a good timer but now the plants are growing up into the shades and i have run out of room. i dont like the idea of killing plants off so that i can make some room to tie down the others. but if thats the best thing to do i geuss i will have to. any advice would be appreciated. thanks

post-33113-1281139541_thumb.jpg

hey qldstoner looks like you have yourself a bit off work to do :please: , how long did you veg for?,,thats alot of plants in one pot maybe thin it down abit next time ,,you can yeild just as much if not more from less,,you have great lighting, you can always hash ,or cook any skuff..have alook at ScrOG to keep those girls down,,6 plants ,2 under each light would produce plenty...not sure if you can supercrop this l

Late inthe game ...but really need to get that jungle under controll,,im sure others here will have some great options.... best of luck HM

Ouch, crazy jungle you got there :please:

The look pretty good considering how big they are (too big for room and trays).

I take it you put them back on 12/12 with the new timer? That may have been a mistake, IMO you would have been best to get in there with the scissors and taken out the bulk of their growth while they were in veg, given them a week to recover and then gone too 12/12. Now that they are in flower they will not respond well to pruning at all.

However you definitely need to do something about that room so I would be getting the scissors out and taking out as much of that scruffy crap in the bottom centre of the plants as you dare (it's only going to be popcorn buds at best anyway). Then get some tie wire or string and tie those lanky bitches down/out/around until you have some sort of canopy going on.

Just remember they are already in flower so every bud you take off is one less you'll get, so only take off growth that looks like it will never perform, leaving more room for the bits that will.

:D

Edited by TheHeadCing

Mate if you turned em around mid june then you must be pretty close to pulling, therefore tying down might be a bit futile imo. Next time get a scrog in there as soon as possible - I put mine in as soon as my babies start touching the sides of the pots, bearing in mind that I tie down with coat hangers etc pretty much after the first week to make em nice and bushy (more bud sites equals more pot). I get best results with 3 layers of mesh to maximis yield and let as much light through as possible. There are stickys on fimming and scrogs, just do a search.

Good luck.

Hi there qldstoner,

I have to agree with hydgemite, That's a shit load to be growing in tubs that size.

They say that what is growing up in green growth is growing down in root growth, that leaves bugger all space in those containers for air to get to the roots.

Personally in those sized containers I might give 1wk growth before turning, then immeadiately start tying them down.

If you went 12/12 in May they should almost be done. I would strip the undergrowth 'cos as TheHeadCing says it will just be popcorn anyway, this may give you some room to be gentle and tie the buds down from the lights with twine rather than fishing line which can cut of the food supply to the heads.

Being so far along all you can really do is try to prevent the buds being burnt from the lights. You could try netting or a trailer net to tie it all down and spread it all out. I note that your single potted one looks the least stressed of the lot. This should tell you something. More plants does not mean more bud, more space then more bud. My area is twice yours with one plant, as advised by others here, try SCROG, much easier to manage.

Just some advice

Merl1n

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR ADVICE. I will definately be doing a scrog next run. i might just trim some of the under developing branches off and pull some of the really tall ones down a bit and get 3 desk fans and put them on the ground blowing up through the plants to get some better circulation.

all the plants in the trays were cloned and put in small pots where i let them grow for 1 week after they started to take off. then i put them in the trays for another week before i moved them to the flower room. they were no bigger then a foot when they went in. i was hoping they would only get to around 1 metre but i think when the timer shat itself they went back to veg, then had to stretch again when i got a new timer.

i can only geuss how far along they are in flower by looking at the buds and i think they are 4 or 5 weeks into it except for the one in the pot which was from seed and i think that strain is going to take a few more weeks. i will get some close ups of the buds and maybe some of you's can let me know what stage they are at.

ID get them straigh into flower without delay. Dont veg them as theyre too far gone into flower unless you want too cut em back too the base and pretty much start again. Start vegging your next crop already so your not wasting time either. Also instead of trimming them back can you just make a little more room? that will save some yield.

Just as a side not im suspicious of canna cocos nute ratio. When Ive used it in flower there tends too be nitrogen and they get over green and stretchy. I went too Dm advance with better results. Anyway thats purely a personal observation.

Good luck and if it goes bad dont waste too much time on it. It will only make you cry :thumbsup: