Is this anything to worry about?

These are a few weeks old. They are growing at a good rate. However a few of the plants have curling leaf. Could this be a heat stress problem? It is 30degrees on top of plants, the humidity will sit at about 40% with light on, 60% in darkness. Potting mix / mushroom compost. 6.5ph.

This one has been struggling from the start for some reason. I was going to pull it a week ago but it is still growing so I have just let it go.

post-39311-1281062299_thumb.jpg

Here is another one which has just started to get leaf curl. Still has good colour and growing well.

post-39311-1281062483_thumb.jpg

This is a healthier looking one subjected to the same conditions.

post-39311-1281062603_thumb.jpg

and the bunch

post-39311-1281062703_thumb.jpg

Anything to worry about or should I just let nature take its course so to speak?

They seem to all curl a little bit, could it be the strain? They are indoor seeds but I have no idea of the strain.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

edit: 400w hps lamp

Edited by hobbyist

Looks a little nasty bruz. The potting mix looks a little barky as they can do. what ferts are you using and at what strength?

and are you watering them straight on the plant or round the base. Also its hard to guage a proper colour with the red effect from the hid light. Try takin a photo without the hid on.

RR ;)

Edited by RiverRat

Yeah I should have used a different medium for sure. This is my first grow. So there is plenty of improvement to be had

Here are a few more pics so you can see the colour.

The one that never really was much good from the start is circled.

post-39311-1281084549_thumb.jpg

And theres some of the other ones showing upturned leaves. (mainly that one in the top/middle most affected).

post-39311-1281084619_thumb.jpg

All I do is use few days old bottled water and water around the base of the plant. After sticking my finger in the soil to test for wetness. Yesterday I began using a liquid growth formula N 1.77% P 0.31% K 2.26% which I am planning to use once a week.

This I doubt has anything to do with it. They were like this before I applied. If anything they seem to have grown quite a bit in the 24 to 48hrs. I thought a N boost might be the go.

Let me know what you reckon, cheers.

Thanks for the second round ofpics and they certainly look better under a diferent light.

Id be looking for a better soil composition for when you upgrade pot size but ftm theyre looking not too bad, pretty good even.

Be wary that heat can efect the soil and roots too and if thats a concern use fine mulch or perlite to insulate the top soil layer.

Good start mate ;)

Edited by RiverRat

The curled leaf problem looks like some over-fert, esp. if the affected tissue bronzes. You can flush the container in neat water to wash out excessive salts. The use of perlite as a surface layer to reduce excessive media temperature (as said by RiverRat) is a good idea. I use panda film over areas where grow media may be exposed to HID. MJ likes cool roots.