My Stems on my clones have split, is it too late for them?

:yahoo:

Could any one give me a bit of advise, took a few clones did everything according to the instructions. they looked ok for a few days and now i have noticed that some of the stems on a couple have split. is it too late for these ones. kinda think that i could have been a bit happy with the misting!!!??? but i have tried to dry the rockwool out dont know what else to do ??????????

First rule is dont mess with the plants.

It takes about 5-10 days for them to start rooting and you shouldnt mist clones (misting is for exposed plants only - you do it to stop them drying out in the sun not to keep them moist). Pre-soak your cubes/soil, cut through a node at a angle, dip it into clonex then plant it and firm the medium around the stem and only water it again when its almost dry.

sometimes if ya accedently dip the cut too deep or leave some gel exposed it can have that effect ..... generally it the base swells b4 the crack it just means its rooted :yahoo: .......

but like Jimbo said....probly best to take another batch ;)

Chron :D

kinda think thats whats happened, cheers babes. i left the lid off let them dry out a bit and apart from three look ok ish??? the slpits seem to have healed?????????? but there was diffinate swelling. but i think i will take a few more just in case thanks :(

Edited by ganga gal