trichomes help needed

hi guys this is the first pull depending on trichomes and i was wondering how long do the trichomes take in each stage,for eg.how long do they stay clear?how long do they stay milky? and how long do they stay amber?i have some what of an idea.that i have to cut it down when the trichomes hit atleast 50% amber and 50% milky.i hope that is right and please if i am wrong please correct me.thanks for your time

Hi there doctor_grow,

50/50 is about right by all accounts, it depends on the stone you want. The more amber the heavier the stone. You ask how long between clear to amber. As I grow different strains each time, it seems to vary but on average I've found about 2 weeks but this also depends on the concentration of light ie the crowns brown off quicker than the lower buds. Personally I allow the plant hairs to go from white to brown 3 times, the bud fills out more each time and the taste is more mature. Then I watch the trichs colour. I have been told that 50/50 the plant is at its peak any more brown than 50/50 and the plant is losing its potentcy but I've found that the stone is more a body stone than a head stone with more browning. For my pain management I like/need a nice body stone, not to everybodys tastes but it works for me and personally that is all that matters.

Just some advice

Merl1n

People will have different opinions regarding the best time to pull, Trichomes is the best way to tell. I like to see about 50% clear and 50% cloudy and just a few Amber coming through around the place. As they turn Amber the THC is already starting to degrade slowly, remember you still have to dry and cure, so they will also mature a bit during this process.

Pulling at this stage should give you the Buds at their prime. The hairs on the buds can be different on different strains, this is an old method some people swear by( I was one.:afro:) but has since been found to be inaccurate. Best of Harvests mate. GH72