Advice much appreciated

Almost 2 weeks ago my dog decided to do a bit of gardening whilst i was on the toilet. I managed to save 1 plant which was the smallest & iv'e now had to start all over again. As you can see in the pic it is not looking so healthy (they all were healthy & beautiful before), Even the young ones iv'e started are hatching from nice dark green leaves & turning yellow. I changed my soil to a tomato growing one bought at Woolies cause i ended up vacc ing up the old stuff, & i have given the damaged plant more fertiliser for the stress of getting beaten half to death. Do you guys think i may have over fertilised? Or have i just bought some crap soil? Is this plant worth saving? I was thinking about getting new soil tomorrow just incase it is a a soil problem.. Many thanks in advance lol

post-39059-1279701158_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Devil

Hey, Hey, my friend, that looks like an Ice plant =). You have over watered it, go to Bunnings, $10 moisture probe, only water when it hits the red and try and keep it in the green area (besides flushing). Don't give the plant more Nutes when it's having a hard time, stick to the recommended dose until you can see the plants needs.

Grab a big block of Coco Coir there(buy the one with no added fertilizer) take it home, soak it in water, then put it in pots and flush it with tap water until it runs clear. Bunnings brand 'Brunnings' Coir is not best quality but cheap and works well if flushed properly. Then let it drain for an hour, come back with a PH adjusted Nutes mix, only to recommended levels on bottle, preferably 1/2 strength, flush this through, until the pot starts to leak out the bottom, go away for an hour and let it drain, now you can re-pot into these pots, they are totally ready.

Just use your Moisture Meter and only water as needed. Best of luck dude. GH72

No worries dude =), good luck and I hope it comes good for ya. If I had a dollar for every plant I killed as a young fella, I would be able to retire I think.lol. Let me know if you need a hand getting it all ready. Good quality Nutes at Bunnings now, like Dutch Master which you can use in Coco and others that you would have to check the labels. You can use normal Hydro Nutes in Coco, just means you will have to make sure you flush once a week to get rid of build up in the Coco.

Best of Luck. GH72

Hey, Hey, my friend, that looks like an Ice plant =). You have over watered it, go to Bunnings, $10 moisture probe, only water when it hits the red and try and keep it in the green area (besides flushing). Don't give the plant more Nutes when it's having a hard time, stick to the recommended dose until you can see the plants needs.

Grab a big block of Coco Coir there(buy the one with no added fertilizer) take it home, soak it in water, then put it in pots and flush it with tap water until it runs clear. Bunnings brand 'Brunnings' Coir is not best quality but cheap and works well if flushed properly. Then let it drain for an hour, come back with a PH adjusted Nutes mix, only to recommended levels on bottle, preferably 1/2 strength, flush this through, until the pot starts to leak out the bottom, go away for an hour and let it drain, now you can re-pot into these pots, they are totally ready.

well said :wub: :afro:

well said :wub: :afro:

Thanks again Grasshopper, i bought what you told me & have backups incase something else goes wrong :helpsmilie: i wrote the info down so i have it just incase. But i ended up changing my soil to an organic one & i mixed with coir, pearlite, river sand & an all in one organic fertiliser which has worm castings,mushroom compost, sheep shit etc. I also changed pots to those self watering ones that have a grate in the bottom & promote oxygen... Hopefully i don't stuff this up or the dog chews it all up again :scratchin: They have actually perked up in the last few days which is great news as i'm looking forward to getting my 1st smokable medication.

Oh i forgot, i put a warm air vaporiser in there now instead of the mister i was using to bump the humidity even more, so alls good so far!

Edited by The Devil