Canna Coco A & B for Babies

Gidday Fellow Stoners.

I'm away from my new borns. They are in Rock wool cubes and have there first set of true leaves.

They are bagseed, and given the Stone was full blown body stone It's a pretty safe bet they are predominately

Indica. But can't be real sure.

They are being feed only tank water ATM.

I plan on planting them in a mix of 75% Coco and 25% perlite, with a layer of Hydroton in the bottom of the pots.

The pot size I'm thinking will be around 8 litres. I have just bought a good quality meters (Hanna) for PH and EC.

I haven't tested the Tank Water yet but I Assume it will be around 7.0 ph and .1 to .2 EC.

1. Is it ok to place the rock wool cubes in the middle of the new pots with the Coco mix?

2. I'm thinking of using a weak Canna Coco A & B feeding mix of 0.25 ML per liter is this to strong or weak, is it to early?

3. I was also going to use Rhizotonic. When should I start with this and how much. The recommendations seems to be mainly for Clones at 4ml per liter which seems very high to me?

4. The max height of the plants will be around 75 CM high. They will be grown inside a working fridge under 250W 6500K CFL lighting. Will an 8 to 10 litre pot be big enough to combat Root Binding Issues. I feel a 25 liter pot will be to big for my growing area.

5. I have phosphoric acid for the PH down, and have read that Nitric acid is better to use for Vegging, or doesn't it really matter?

Trying to get a handle on my first grow here. Thanks for your time and patience.

Cheers Buzz

Edited by buzzo

Hi buzzo,

1. Is it ok to place the rock wool cubes in the middle of the new pots with the Coco mix?

Aye .............. mix sound sweet !

2. I'm thinking of using a weak Canna Coco A & B feeding mix of 0.25 ML per liter is this to strong or weak, is it to early?

Aye after about 2 - 3 weeks start on a weak feed - try use Coco specific nutes (ie. Canna Coco A & lol - roughly 1/3 what is suggested on bottle - Canna A & B will be ok thou not ideal !

3. I was also going to use Rhizotonic. When should I start with this and how much. The recommendations seems to be mainly for Clones at 4ml per liter which seems very high to me?

What r u using it for ?

5. I have phosphoric acid for the PH down, and have read that Nitric acid is better to use for Vegging, or doesn't it really matter?

Phosphoric acid for the PH down is not a nutrient. It is used ti adjust the PH of your mix (I prefer to adjust PH prior to dding my nutrient). Phosphoric acid is a) dangerous B) very concentrated c) needs accurate mean of measuring the PH (ie. Electronic Teaster)

Trying to get a handle on my first grow here. Thanks for your time and patience

Welcome to os & grow well buzzo!

lol

Nitty.

Thanks for the reply Nitram,

Yeah, I was surprised how strong the Phosphoric Acid was. I only added a couple of drops to 20 liters and it dropped the PH way to much.

I think I might bin that stuff and get something less active. I have read that the Nitric acid is less prone to locking out Nitrogen in the Nutes than Phosphoric Acid and visa versa.

I have read mainly very good reports on the Canna Coco A & B nutes.....so there is a better option?

What Coco specific Nutrient is best or is it just many different opinions?

Cheers Buzz

with ya ph down

id be pre mixing it,diluting it even

i use a 2 ltr bottle with a few drops in

filled with water makes for an easy way to subtly change the ph

all the best

bil

Thats a very good tip about diluting the PH down and then adding that to the Nute mix.

Be doing that for sure.

Edited by buzzo

Just for the search engine.

I started from Bagseed

Canna Coco Coir & 30 % perlite.

Canna Coco A & B

I started with tank Water with an E. C of 0.1....Added 1.0 Ml per Liter of Canna A & B.... This took the total E.C. to 0.6.

Adjusted the PH for 5.8 (Not recommended for Soil)

By the time the Second set of leaves were half developed they were already starting to look pale. I upped the Canna strength to 2ml per Liter...E.C. of 1.0.

And folar spray of Rhizotonic at 4 ml per liter around 5 times a day with the lights on. They started to take on a darker Green and grow faster.

Now with their 4 th set of leaves they look like they need more.

I feel that the broad recommendations on the Bottle given by Canna are good to go on.

With so many different strains and males or females.... results are going to vary quite a bit.

As a newbie the advice from guys here and the internet are invaluable.