Cannabis leads to psychosis

That last para Shirt, is truly the most narrow minded and offensive bag of shit I seen here in a long time. ^_^

It is isn't it lou lou. That's because it's the feelings held by people like the religious bigot who wrote the article.

I think what shirt is saying is maby pointing out to these such people that if they don't want their children to be associating with these 'undesirables' of society (their view not mine) Then the argument for legalization is a good one. Surly it is better if you child still has an interest in drugs and they do still chose to experiment with them, Isn't it better they can do this in an open legal framework rather than in an illegal market dominated (in their eyes) by these 'degerates', the last people they want their children associating with. If it's illegal it's the only avenue they have.

Sort of scare them into legalization is what shirt is saying I think?

Peace MongyMan

we both dont want our kidz hooked pon any drugs

anyone who gets hooked pon drugz needs help and support

not criminalisation and incarceration

Right with ya there Radic, for sure.

I would add that I still believe the best way for our kids to NOT get hooked on drugs is to provide them with all the information and facts they need in order to at least attempt to make a well-informed decision. Then back that up by providing support and guidance that can only be gained through the experience that comes with age.

Trying to scare our kids into not doing something isn't going to work. Never has. The nature of being a kid is doing what you're told not to.

Also, I believe our kids are being sent mixed messages in today's society. We (society collectively, not us on the forum!) seem to be teaching our kids about drug use from a younger and younger age, by turning to drugs when our kids have behavioural problems. I haven't done a lot of research into drugs like ritalin, but I'm absolutely 100 per cent against 10 year old kids being prescribed drugs like Prozac, like as happened here..

"They suggested he go on Prozac, despite my own reservations, and from that day on I noticed massive changes in him, like being withdrawn, arrogant and he started having seizures," she said.

"After the meltdown of epic proportions on Monday I took him to see a pediatrician who replaced Prozac with another drug and he's been back to his old self again."

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/articl...71011_news.html

I realise this kid had autism (and I don't in any way judge the parent in this particular case doing what she has done, it sounds like the kid now has a drug that works for him - a good thing. It actually sounds like quite a tragic story), but the point I'm trying to make is that if we as adults are going to give our kids drugs at younger and younger ages, how can we then turn around when they're older and say "oh, but don't use pot, it'll give you schizophrenia and you'll end up a junkie coz it's a gateway drug and all..."

Is this current culture of giving our kids prescription drugs like ritalin and prozac, when perhaps in some cases all they actually need is discipline or some other parenting technique (ie. I'm talking about kids who don't have autism or some other similar ailment), not just the first step to breeding addiction later in the life anyway? But a lot of people obviously support this route with their kids, because it's legal and because that's the advice they're being given from health professionals. Or because they're simply bad, lazy parents.

I'm with you Radic - legalise it all and educate PROPERLY. Of course, that starts at home.. ;)

Also, educating does not necessarily have to mean promoting. As I've mentioned before, I'm doing quite a bit of research into the use of mind-altering substances throughout the natural world. It's everywhere, and the conclusion I've come to through knowledge is that it's inevitable. With that in mind, imo it's crucial kids are taught everything about drug use, the good and the bad, not tricked or scared in the hope that they won't do something that they will inevitably have a natural urge to do anyway. We have to teach responsible use of drugs (the prescription ones as well), not this futile attempt to stop them from using some.

Anyway, just some random thoughts. Sorry for getting a bit off topic and rambling on for a bit there. Bit stoned at this end ^_^ ^_^ ;)

"where he puts a heavy emphasis on spiritual warfare and victory through the power of the Holy Spirit.

"

That is some scary shit... and yeah Snooch, I did notice it was a case study that's why I linked to the full text of the report.

Granted it is a common opinion amongst psych services workers... if we can't find any other cause *shrug* it must have been the dope... so what do they say when someone presents with bipolar disorder and there is no family history or dope smoking? Ah well, shit happens... only 2/3 of sufferers show a clear familial link.

I'd be more inclined to think its all the pollution we are living in.