Cannabis leads to psychosis

http://www.northstarnational.com/2010/06/3...a-primary-cause

Some "highlights" of this article..

"It’s almost beyond comprehension to me that anyone could believe a mind-altering substance would not have a negative effect on the overall functioning of the body – particularly the brain."

"But in the case of cannabis, I think it’s fair to say this: No one needs to use it. No one needs to get high. If you depend on it, or some other chemical invasion of your body, to be able to relax or socialize, that’s the choice you’ve made. "

"No one should be surprised that those who make this choice are liable to pay a heavy price."

"This is dangerous shit, and if there is any legitimate use of it (which I seriously question), it should be tested, regulated and distributed through a system designed to closely guard the circumstances in which it can be used – just as we do with every other substance that has dangerous side-effects."

I just had to post a comment. Couldn't let this dipshit get away with it... ^_^

Ok, I find this radiculous..... Thanks for the post though.... I care to devour the writer of the article... alright ...

Oh where to begin, when the pot is so leaky its hard to know where to put the water .......

First statement: "It’s almost beyond comprehension to me that anyone could believe a mind-altering substance would not have a negative effect on the overall functioning of the body – particularly the brain."

My Reaction: Its almost beyond comprehension that such a fucking absolute imbicile would write an article they obviously know very little about .... Here is the clinch .... We are constantly in trace states, our mind is the biggest biological chemistry lab there is, we come home after work we might sit down infront of the tv for 30mins, the brains neurochemistry kicks into action and causes relaxation, we are always fluxing in and out of trance states, our neurochemistry is always changing... There are many thousand years of documented use of cannabis, so much so that it is literally a part of human evolution, the human brain has now adapted to cannabis and has receptor sites designed specifically for the ingestion of such substances. Find me any pharmaceutical that has this kind of neurochemical acceptance and welcoming!!! Alright ive said enough here.... fucking research your shit before screaming poison, its motherfuckers like you who stunt the evolution of human consciousness and it is people like you who enjoy living in your own psychotic deluded reality construct, happily and naievely never even fucking realising that the paracetamol and the prozac your daughter is on at 9 years of age is doing more harm than the majority of plants in earths ecosystem. Man has lost touch with the connection it once had to the gaia mind, we depended on plants and herbs then and now we depend on creating odd substances we know nothing about with a million and one effects (yeah not side-effects, real effects motherfuckers). I trust the hand of nature over mans stupidity any day.

2nd piece of shit statement...

"But in the case of cannabis, I think it’s fair to say this: No one needs to use it. No one needs to get high. If you depend on it, or some other chemical invasion of your body, to be able to relax or socialize, that’s the choice you’ve made. "

Reaction: Lmfao, err, ok then if thats fair to say then its fair to say this i guess .... nobody needs to eat fatty foods, nobody needs to watch tv, nobody needs to drink liquor, take pharmaceuticals, and fuck,i could even say that man does not NEED to eat meat (im no vego either btw) ..... i could go on all day. It comes down to the right that everybody should have to freely experiment with ones own consciousness... this isnt a war on drugs its a war on freedom of mind, its one true fucking liberty man has left in life for fucksake. Cannabis criminalisation is like saying, ok now, you cant wake up in the morning and have a strong coffee to pep up for the day, thats just not right..... the bottom line is ...... the bottom dollar, follow the moneytrail follow the fucking pigshit. Its all about the cash... its not really a taxable item and because it has SOOOO many uses it underminds the thoughts of big corporations who make a lot of cash for pharmaceuticals with such effects that cannabis may induce.... No mr bigshot ceo will assist in facilitating the direction of a company towards extreme profiteering with a substance like cannabis because of its nature, its a plant that everybody can grow fairly easily, bottom line bottom dollar. As for depending on it, do you not realise in our daily lives there are many things we depend on, its called ritual the human species has many of them fucktard.

"No one should be surprised that those who make this choice are liable to pay a heavy price."

Yeah we pay the heavy price because the big corporations at the end of the day are losing out.. $$$ Man should not have to pay to manipulate their own fucking consciousness. It should be our heavenly right to do so. Big corporations make lots of cash from the thrills we seek in life, have you not noticed... ? Corporate materialist scumbags sucking on the life blood of humanity, satans fucking spawn every last one of them.

Piece of shit 3: "This is dangerous shit, and if there is any legitimate use of it (which I seriously question), it should be tested, regulated and distributed through a system designed to closely guard the circumstances in which it can be used – just as we do with every other substance that has dangerous side-effects."

Statement:

Dangerous shit, ^_^ uhhuh, ok LD50 ? errr, ok you take 30 2mg bars of valium okayyyy, i'll try to smoke an oz...... errr drink a bottle of rum and i'll smoke a half oz.... dipshit.... you corporate bloodsucking materialist scumbag. ....

"regulated and distributed through a system designed to closely guard the circumstances in which it can be used" errr why distribute a dangerous substance, you just said it was dangerous you cocksucker. its all about the cash eh?

Alright, enough said, i'm bored what a ramble...

Peace n pot, take it EASYYY ... but .... TAKE IT ! ^_^

-He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man-

The 'news' article is the usual moral exclamation... the full text of the study quoted is available online and makes interesting reading... and as usual, it says something quite different to the article that cites it.

you can find it here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2811144/

The underlying assumption is still, if you don't have other history and develop a an affective disorder, then it must have been the pot! Ok I quite agree that cannabis can accentuate mood, especially for people who already have a mood or affective disorder, but that isn't the same as as a causal relationship no matter who funds the study.

like mistyville said hope the wanker read it...

If he did, he didn't take any notice. Here was one of his replies to the dozens of comments that rightfully flamed him.

"The comments every time I write on this subject are the best indicator that I’m correct, especially the inevitable “die in a fire” comment. Seriously, if you guys want to get stoned so badly that you’re willing to ignore evidence you’re risking serious psychosis, I’m under no illusion that I’m going to stop you. Maybe the rest of the world will take heed. But not you."

Oh mercy...Guys like this are seriously dangerous, because they can very easily and quickly use lies to sway public opinion.

Also, anyone else notice the study came to its conclusions basically based on the case study of ONE guy!!!???

Oh, and awesome reply there cyber. Summed it all up really ^_^

Edited by snooch

And bingo was his fucking name-o!!

About the author of the piece.

"Dan has been an Adult Bible Fellowship teacher at Wyoming, Michigan’s Woodview Christian Church since 1998, and currently teaches the Challengers Class, where he puts a heavy emphasis on spiritual warfare and victory through the power of the Holy Spirit.

In 2004, Dan and his wife Angie founded the Toma Club with the help of their friend, the “real-life Baretta” David Toma. Through this organization, they work to steer fifth- through eighth-graders away from drugs and alcohol.

Dan is available to speak to groups about scriptural doctrine concerning the nature of spiritual evil, and God’s plan for his people to win the victory over this evil through obedience to his commands, and the resulting power and intercession of the Holy Spirit."

Vested interest much???!!! Obviously hypocrisy isn't a sin in his religion, where he can profit by ensuring prohibition continues - through the lies and fear, all the while disregarding facts, so he can talk to school kids or groups about drugs! Arsehole...

I was pissed off enough when I read what that fuck nut wrote, but when I saw snooch's post ^^^ that just pissed me the fuck off, HES CHRISTIAN?!

I cannot believe this guy is Christian, hes a fucking scum piece of shit.

It's late and i'm tired excuse me if i dont make much sense..

i'd love to see what this guys personality in real life is like, its a fucking sin in itself if he believes hes doing good by god by writing something of some messed up nature.

peace.

side note: im Catholic ffs! and im against the fact that my church opposes Gods gift to nature, and to think this guy is Christian is unfucking believable.

"where he puts a heavy emphasis on spiritual warfare and victory through the power of the Holy Spirit.

"

That is some scary shit... and yeah Snooch, I did notice it was a case study that's why I linked to the full text of the report.

Granted it is a common opinion amongst psych services workers... if we can't find any other cause *shrug* it must have been the dope... so what do they say when someone presents with bipolar disorder and there is no family history or dope smoking? Ah well, shit happens... only 2/3 of sufferers show a clear familial link.

cause and effect, if there is these effects, within still very much unknown territory, there's a lot of theories about the brain, mind and emotions. Something has to be blamed!?

The sheer ignorance / arrogance they choose to blame a plant, that occurred and has occurred for many years without the help of man, and no doubt if man was wiped from the earth it would still occur.

The sooner they accept there are forces at play much bigger than them, that are unknown and may never be known to humans in this state of consciousness, the easier it will be.

Instead of having to label and judge every little thing or situation that occurs in life that will never occur the same way again

to try and get some purchase on the short dance we have with this manifestation.

Edited by Fibrofeend