Help Yellow!

Hi guys

Long time reader here!!

I have the following problem with my plants. Its started about 2-3 weeks ago. The leaves are all yellow but the plants still growing ok. The leaves at the top are mostly yellow ones at the bottom are greeny yellow

Please have a look at the pictures and help if you can.

Much appreciated

post-38904-1277629705_thumb.jpg

post-38904-1277629725_thumb.jpg

post-38904-1277629737_thumb.jpg

post-38904-1277629753_thumb.jpg

post-38904-1277629774_thumb.jpg

Hey mate, looks like maybe few deficiency's going on there. Im not sure what medium ur growing in but i would flush with water ph'ed to suit ur grow, and start em back on low level nutes. just a guess not knowin all ya conditions but 2 me looks like bit of nute burn, iand iron deficiency and ph outa wack , could be a few things but start off with a flush of fresh water n lets go from there:)

Hi Guys

Thanks for your quick reply. I’m a little new to this so please understand.

Medium i am using is Perlite.

I was growing them for about 3-4 weeks with Canna Vega A & B. Then moved onto Canna Flores A & B. I have the water pumps to come on every 10-15 min and stay on for about 15 min.

Thanks for your help guys

Humm nutes sound ok, but what temps r u running in ur room. I know perlite has great drainage but that seems like alot of water to me. After u flush em with ph adjusted water (.....umm in coco i use 5.8-6.3 but think ur looking for abit higher but would like someone eles chime in on that for me if yas could:) ) let it dry out abit n see how the new growth takes, Good luck man no panic she get though :bongon:

Are you in flower or veg kman?

Problems can arise if you are using flowering nutes [flores?] on vegetating plants, because they can't deal with the higher levels of pottassium and things flowering nutes are high in.

This excess of things they do not need, causes plants to lock out other elements they need, so that your plants are lacking things like sulfur and iron.

Waterlogging and pH being out of whack will cause the same thing. Just a thought, not a definitive answer sorry. Vortex

Hey bud, man they look way over fertilized, Watering to often, looks like your drowning em with nutes,

flush with 6.0ph water solution, then use half strength nutes, until she recovers then go back to full strength nutes,

try feeding less often,

I myself am growing in clay pellets, and use ph 5.9 with feeds three times a day for 15mins, growth is extremly quick with no deficiencies whatsoever, Also use strictly Veg nutes for Veg, and flower nutes for flowering, those plants are very very sick dude,

good luck!

Medgrower

Edited by MedGrower

hi kman

As ppg & others have been suggested it appears to be a multiple nut lock out - perlite only medium ?

Hate that perlite - must be a horror to organize a flush which is just what was/is suggested.

flush flush flush & flush again then resume as before - you in for some losses as the effects will be delayed & a prolonged recovery for those that make it.

:bongon:

Nitty.

Hi kman,

I also use perlite and when I first started growing years ago I had similar problems. As for being new at this, we all were at some point. Its only by asking and experimenting that we learn, so ask.

Firstly watering, a bit excessive, I'm doing 15min/hr. Also check your nute levels. My nute recommends a fairly high level but for my system and setup I've found reducing the level to about 1400-1500ppm gives much better results with no burning or discoloration and a nice constant rate of growth. If my growth rate changes, I know there is a problem.

Do you flush regularly? I do, fortnightly. This allows any salt build up to be washed out. Perlite has a fine dust and it is a good idea to wash the perlite to remove as much of this dust as possible prior to planting. I have found that the salts concentration in the dust is quite high. Personally, I would be flushing the whole system to the point of flooding the perlite to remove salt build up with pH adjusted tap water. Allowing ample time for the flush to dry out before starting again with a low concentration nute mix. Each system is different, a bit of trial and error to work out what works for your setup. But drain everything and start again with fresh.

What sort of pH test are you using? Some electronic meters have problems with salt building up on the electrodes thus giving false readings. Personally I use a dropper in a clean glass testube each time. Plants need the right pH for the uptake of nutes to high/low and some elements are not available for the plant to absorb. This is very important.

You state that you are running flower nute, are your lights running 12/12? Although, again my nutes recommend running flower nutes a week prior to going 12/12, I only give it 3 days. Anything more than 3 days and I notice delayed growth with a little wilting, droopy leaves. The plant will tell you what it likes, keep a good eye on things, ANY negative signs, its time for a change.

I do agree with PPG, don't panic, they will recover, with a bit of care.

Just some advice

Hope it helps

Merl1n