how come I can't see those pics?

I have a cool absinth bottle from Czecho I am making mine out of, the last time I drilled a bottle diamond drills where super xpensive.

Thanks for the great idea guys.

oh and fortunatly for me I still have to empty said bottle !!!!

FWF

Edited by Free Wheelin Franklin

Love the ray gun AMG... to me it looks like the Jetsons meet Steampunk.

Had a look at Ozzle... they say it is 'non toxic' and mention 'dishwasher safe' but they neglect to say 'food safe'... my bet is they are using the same plasticiser as the other brands and that is most definitely not food safe.

I'm planning to make myself a couple of bongs. I mean, nice ones, not mutilating an empty plastic drink bottle or something :rolleyes:. Wondering if anyone else has done this and has any advice or ideas ^_^

I'd like to use polymer clay, because you can do some awesomely pretty stuff with it. But i'm worried whether it's safe to smoke out of. I used to use it to make little ornaments and stuff, and it bakes to be a very nice solid plastic that doesn't smell or anything so maybe it would be ok.

Alternatively i'd like to carve one out of wood, or build one from terracotta clay but then if i take it to be fired at a local kiln can i get in trouble? I'm also not sure how to keep my stem removable but also easily resealable if i'm using clay or polymer- can you buy those black sealy things from somewhere?

Glass in healthy, 500ml pasta sauce jar with lid. drill two holes in lid one for cone one for token. Seals real well. Easy to clean. use aquarium sealant for the two metal tubes.

I'm planning to make myself a couple of bongs. I mean, nice ones, not mutilating an empty plastic drink bottle or something. Wondering if anyone else has done this and has any advice or ideas, instead of visiting a bong shop such as www.herbtools.com/au/ it would just be cheaper, I might get a bowl from a headshop like http://www.herbtools.com/ though, to improve the functionality I'd like to use polymer clay, because you can do some awesomely pretty stuff with it. But i'm worried whether it's safe to smoke out of. I used to use it to make little ornaments and stuff, and it bakes to be a very nice solid plastic that doesn't smell or anything so maybe it would be ok. Alternatively i'd like to carve one out of wood, or build one from terracotta clay but then if i take it to be fired at a local kiln can i get in trouble? I'm also not sure how to keep my stem removable but also easily resealable if i'm using clay or polymer- can you buy those black sealy things from somewhere?

I've seen some really cool bongs made from coconuts, but it will end up going moldy I guess unless you treat the material properly. Have you been to an online bong shop and seen the prices? You can actually get them really cheap. I guess making your own would be pretty satisfying though, I believe if you use a proper blow torch you could melt a nice glass bottle and kind of, fuse a downstem into there?

I've seen some really cool bongs made from coconuts, but it will end up going moldy I guess unless you treat the material properly. Have you been to an online bong shop and seen the prices? You can actually get them really cheap. I guess making your own would be pretty satisfying though, I believe if you use a proper blow torch you could melt a nice glass bottle and kind of, fuse a downstem into there?

Rotten coconut sounds pretty disgusting!!  I love the idea though, wold need some kind of stand, I can see it fouling the carpet very quick.

If you don't have glass blowing equipment you can use a drill bit designed for cutting glass.  Drill hole > insert grommet > insert stem . Have made and seen loads of good bongs made out of all sorts of glass bottles..