Hydro setup

mod's if I've put this in the wrong topic please feel free to move

I'm looking at getting a small setup and I would like some advice/feedback

like I said in my introduction I'm gonna be a first timer at trying to grow my own so I would like to do it right from the start

I'm looking at buying this setup or another one like it

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/600W-HYDROPONICS-HP...9#ht_2493wt_846

I may be able to get hold of some ak47 clones

how many would I be able to grow in this size setup I was thinking 1 large plant or maybe a few small plants

I suppose this setup is kinda like a cupboard setup but with a bit more room

Setup is as only as good as u want it to be. Yes that will get ya growin plants but u have to decide on what u want. How do u wana grow 1 time thing or do u want to keep mums n take clones and keep things happening:)

600 watts can yield u a pound of good weed if ya know how 2 grow. That setup has no fans, pots medium ph or ec testers. So thats not gona be the end of ur cost.

Hey Gunja,

Ive just setup my first grow room and I would offer this advice. Use those online ebay stores to buy things like the tent, grow lights, neuts and anything specific to hydroponics that you can't get elsewhere. Don't order a big bag of perlite or anything heavy because delivery will cost you a heap, find a local store for that.

Things like hoses, fittings and the digital hygrometer/thermometer you can get a lot cheaper somewhere like bunnies warehouse. Don't by special hydroponics trays, tables or reservoirs, just buy big tubs and make your own a lot cheaper.

When you say keep reusing the same plant, are you talking about taking clones from it to make new plants? Thats the way to go.

I'd recommend growing in coco for your first few grows, it's so easy to work with, and it almost eliminates the risk of over watering, which is a big noobie mistake.

You can hand water them, run too waste or do what i do and have a drainage tray under each pot, it's time to water when the trays are empty :guitar:

Cheers, Kev.

Thier are some impressive plants being grown on youtube from these aero gardens, but i wouldn't recomend using one if you wanted to grow seriously. I just bought one off of my bro-in-law for $50. I will use if i ever get around to doing some crosses, or if i need to do a seed run. I figured it would be perfect.