To buy a bong or pipe?

I would recommend a simple single chamber bong. Which i dare say you could find cheaper at your local tobacconist. Pipes are a tad too harsh for chronic smoking and are generally used when out and about.

I like double chambers, but have found them to be impratical.

Harder to clean, easier to spill, they just don't last as long as a single chamber bong.

I would not recommend adding ice to your bong as this can cause Pluracy.

:D :D

Hmm I actually use a pipe...

As for them being harsh- they are until you master them.. If you take too big a hit from a pipe, its harsh...

But small tokes are the way of the stoner :peace:

I can measure myself very precise hits through a pipe.

A bong will tend to deliver somewhat larger, "knockout" hits...

With a bong, some of the THC is lost in the water, however you reduce smoke loss more with a bong than with a pipe.

In the long term, I'd suggest a vaporizer, especially if your older and considerate of your health... Vaporizers (good ones like the volcano) get you really, really wasted... I find them STRONGER than a pipe, but they also seem somewhat less economical than a pipe.

Some people claim a difference in psychoactive effect with a Vaporizer, however I personally notice little if any difference... But people who notice the more subtle effects of getting stoned may notice a difference I guess... Once you get used to it, a vaporizer feels more pure, and it even tastes better, going back to a pipe or bong after using a vaporizer- it makes you feel unhealthy like giving in and eating KFC when your on a strict diet :)

Edited by cybergenesis