What are the laws for possession in QLD?

Not only are the penalties ridiculous in Qld, although rarely ever reaching what the maximums are; the cops there have an exceptional delight in pursuing the matter. One of the scariest things I expect you can have done in Australia against ya, is to be busted by Qld. cops.

Fortunatly things are achanging, slowlyy..but historically, the cops here are vicous.

I say that rarely people get the max. sentences, but I do know one guy that got 12 years first charge for trafficing. It wasn't a massive load, but he was prosecuted while Jo was running the joint. He just got out recently. (well, 3 years now). boy time flies. He went in a smoker, came out a hopeless heroin addict. Wonderful rehabilitation system huh.

cheers

rob

Guest Babybear

Its silly the olq laws.. i know someone that was ona good behavyour thingy an was cought witha 50 an had to go to jail for 1-2 months But then he could of only told me half a story.

But i know across darling downs we get bust atleast a few a month , I hear about them threw mates but never on news. do that mean that only the "big busts' go on news?

BUt you are right qld should pull there fingers out.. But what do i know lol im just another person lol

My 2 cents

Guest Urbanhog

There's busts everywhere all the time, and its common than you think Babybear, but not worth putting in the news or the paper, I mean a lot of people don't really take a notice on small time busts, but with large haul busts, people/viewers/readers DO take a notice, it's a media thingy only telling and sharing news that will attract viewer's ratings and etc

And the one of the reason why big haul busts are mostly reported in the media because it's often the LEO's requested/informed the local media circles to give some better publicity image/build trust with the public's relationship with the LEO's. Other words, its just police's way of showing off that they are doing something really.

When busted, just say nothing, and get a good lawyer, if its worth it, and let the police do all the work to prove that it's yours, just say nothing to the cops really, just be polite, and behave well, even they treated you like a arsehole, just bear with it, smile and only answer their questions when have do.