Anyone see Marijuana Inc?

I was flicking though pay tv channels last night (sat) and caught the end of a CBS doco called Marijuana Inc? Anyone happen to catch it? I'm not sure if it's a one-off doco or part of a series, but part of it was in How Weed Won The West, which was an interview with Bush's drug czar (his name eludes me an couldn't be arsed googling it..)

Anyway, in the interview with the czar he was crapping on about how pot growing in Cali was being infiltrated by Mexican drug cartels etc, but the part that really got up my nose was when he described cannabis as a poison.

I mean, it's just a stupid statement to describe something that's non-toxic as a poison, but once again it was allowed to run unchallenged. It makes me wonder whether these journo's actually do any independent research before talking to these people, or whether they deliberately leave these sorts of quotes in to either make him look stupid or for sensational reasons.

Anyway, if anyone happened to see it, is the whole doco worth watching?

Most drugs that induce noticeable effects are poisons, but they are deadly or life threatening in certain amounts and this varies for each individual. Cannabis is probably no different, although the amount of THC required to cause death would have to be significantly large. Drugs do have useful properties which can be used to aid healing if use is strictly controlled and applied very cautiously.

Most drugs that induce noticeable effects are poisons, but they are deadly or life threatening in certain amounts and this varies for each individual.

Fair point I guess, however I still find it hard to comprehend that something which has yet to, through its own properties, caused any deaths could fairly and accurately be described as a poison. Arsenic, fair enough, but cannabis? Long bow imo

If it was to be described that way, though, the opportunity to balance the argument needs to be made to show that cannabis has many, many medicinal properties and by far the biggest problems with the drug arise through prohibitiion.

Edited by snooch

snooch,

As sc0pe said it's been around for a while and it is avaliable thru Torrent. If you are gonna look here are some other titles of interest from the American propoganda macine thru to true 'unbiased' documentaries. If you want information have a look around

Hemp For Victory (1942)

The Terrible Truth - Marijuana (1951)

Magic Weed - The story of cannabis sativa (1995)

IMAX - History Of Marijuana

National Geographic Explorer-Marijuana Nation

American Drug War- The Last White Hope

Also attached here is a Material Data Sheet (MDS)for TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL the active ingredient in weed. Tests have been run on lab rats,etc but notice no human trials listed.

Intoxication of any sort is considered toxic (poison) and cannabis is no different, but I do agree the wording is a bit extreme. Remember these people are politicians pushing a political line and extreme gets a reation, thats what they want. "The EVIL WEED" motto and the old 'marijuana leads to heroin' line, like the attached posters.

Have a look if you're interested

Merl1n

Cannabis___Material_Safety_Data_Sheet.txt

post-24238-1275873553_thumb.gif

post-24238-1275874061_thumb.jpg