early orange hairs in flower...normal?

well if the calyx is fertilized with pollen then within about a day the hairs shrivel and turn orange/brown regardless of age of plant

also as the flowering period extends then gradually the calyx's which formed 1st in very early flowering eventually brown off, even if not fertilized

see the calyx only has a certain window of time in which it can be fertilized after which it gives up hope on reproducing

when the pistals are still white / creamy colour then it can be fertilized cause the sticky white hairs capture the pollen and the embryo is fertilized and the seed grows

when they age and turn orange/ brown fertization cannot be acheived

so hope that makes sense :P

:D

what factors could contribute to early orange hairs on flowereing plants?

fertilisation... too strong a breeze from the fan... rain (outdoors of course)... sprays of all sorts... being fondled by noob growers... lots of reasons.

Edited by lou lou

hey guys thanks for the reply

...ya all those make sence but i dont think its fertilization...the fan idea makes sence as i have 4 fans in there 24/7 making sure there is plenty of airflow...also the touching part makes sence as when i water i tend to rub up against them.....

i was just making sure i had nothing to worry about...im just paranoid all my hard work is gana be wasted.

is it possible that some of these strains are early finishers? i have like 10 differents strains goin...heres the ones i know off the top of my head......

agent orage

headband 707

jack herer

ice cream

violator kush

sweet tooth

romulan

blue berry

purple kush

any of those a known early finisher?

well i can tell ya sneek that i had a sweet tooth strain from Canada a coupla years back and she was a fast finisher about 7+ weeks! she was nice an chunky indica dominant

as for the rest you mentioned i dunno, except that headband and j herer carry strong sativa traits which usually means longtime flowering

as ya say probably not fertilized cause you would see the calyxs swelling up fat if they had been fertilized

any chance of a picture of the flowers? :D

:P

ooh ya that sweet tooth is beautiful. im at 5 weeks 1 day flower and its starting to turn a lil purple...the person i got this 1 from said it turns purple 2 weeks before it finishes so it should be about on track with yours :)

its funny you say the jack herer is going to take a while because...it is :(. the others are swollen resinated chrystaly nugets and the jack is limpin behind, just leafy and hairy...although its going to yield like a beast compared to the others.

as for the calyxes....what is normal? mine are big but not enormous. i noticed them yesterday when i was watering and looked around for a hermie or any sighn but saw nothing......

and pics :) :P :( yes sir but patience is a virtue. i started a grow diarie a while back but got lazy. in time it will be updated. :D

thanks for the reply frazz you were 2 for 2 :P i love you guys :D so smart