Review - Arizer Extreme Q vape

I think that I am still learning how to use this thing. I bought it 1 week ago for $285 off ebay, free shipping. I was using the whip mostly (had only used the bag once with a mate who's not a big smoker and got really fucked up :applause: ) until I bumped the whip elbow against my bed frame and it broke! It really was a very light bump, so be careful people. Anyway I can still use the whip because it came with a spare elbow but I couldn't be bothered putting it together and decided to use the bag. I think I prefer the bag now for a reason that was mentioned in the previous post; it's really easy to sit down and vape through a lot of weed because it tastes great and can creep up slowly. I find the 'dosage' type method to be better for myself. 1 cone, 2 cones or 1 bag 2 bags etc, rather than puffing on the whip until you pass out.

Caution on vaping already vaped weed:

Yes this may sound dumb, but I kept my vaped weed for cooking purposes and found myself pennyless and weedless and decided to put a full bowl of the lightest coloured plant material that I could find and crushed it with the stirring tool to allow for more material. I put it on 250 (I decided a lower temp may not work for already vaped material) and put the fan on 3. I left the room for about 30 seconds and came back to my bag filling with smoke and the bowl on fire! I quickly turned the fan off and began squeezing the smoke out the window. That bag is effectively destroyed because it tastes toxic now.

The truth is, this machine is however, great. Vaping super dry brown weed with the fan on 3 is asking for combustion and I should have been more careful with the elbow piece. One thing I recommend is finding how much weed you need for a session and sticking to that, otherwise you will find yourself getting much too high.

This has in fact replaced my bong because although it is difficult to get the same effects, they can very nearly be replicated by packing a full bowl of nice weed, letting it warm at about 230-260 degrees for 5 or more minutes and then filling a bag on fan 3.

My experiences of this machine lead me to recommend the following temperatures:

170 - Very clean fresh taste, clear head high.

180 - Thicker hit, more obvious dense taste. Slightly heavier stone.

190-200 - Starts to move from head high to body high, but still very little.

200 is the maximum that I like to go to because I have read that many of the toxins begin to be released after 200 degrees, however if I am trying to get every drop out of my weed I will keep moving higher until I am satisfied.

230-260 will bring a heavier stone associated with bong hits, however it is not quite the same.

I find if I just lightly fill, not pack to the grey tape it works best. Tried packing it how I like my cones, big and tight. Loved to cram as much as I could in, but found it doesn't work as good. Wastes too much weed too I rekon. Nice and loose. Always on speed 3 to fill the bag. 1 to 2 on the whip. I use the bag lots cos I'm busy so I fill it, walk away, come back and hit it., fill it ect. That way the mrs and kids are happy I'm not on my "life support machine" all nite.

I find if I just lightly fill, not pack to the grey tape it works best. Tried packing it how I like my cones, big and tight. Loved to cram as much as I could in, but found it doesn't work as good. Wastes too much weed too I rekon. Nice and loose. Always on speed 3 to fill the bag. 1 to 2 on the whip. I use the bag lots cos I'm busy so I fill it, walk away, come back and hit it., fill it ect. That way the mrs and kids are happy I'm not on my "life support machine" all nite.

I should clarify that 'elbow packing' is putting the weed into the dome screen of the elbow joint(thiny), which then sits on top of an empty cyclone bowl. So, the only way to elbow pack is to pack it tightly. I have only heard of people using this method with the whip though, and not with the bag/fan. I tried it, and the machine didn't sound like it was struggling though it was definitely filling the bag more slowly than usual. I like elbow packing because I vape one 'elbow' worth and move on with other things in my day... I find putting a small amount in the cyclone bowl produces weak vapor and so I have to fill up a bag several times to get good results.. hence the elbow pack.

I should clarify that 'elbow packing' is putting the weed into the dome screen of the elbow joint(thiny), which then sits on top of an empty cyclone bowl. So, the only way to elbow pack is to pack it tightly. I have only heard of people using this method with the whip though, and not with the bag/fan. I tried it, and the machine didn't sound like it was struggling though it was definitely filling the bag more slowly than usual. I like elbow packing because I vape one 'elbow' worth and move on with other things in my day... I find putting a small amount in the cyclone bowl produces weak vapor and so I have to fill up a bag several times to get good results.. hence the elbow pack.

Gday Cactus....

I elbow pack with my extreme q most of the time when i am smoking by myself......gets me smashed with the least amount of weed and is the best hit I have had using the Q..

I pack at 185 thats my fave temp.............get the whip suck the weed into the elbow thru the mouthpiece and then just gently press the weed into the elbow so it doesnt drop....doesnt actually have to be that tight and just yeah :thumbsup:

Gday Cactus....

I elbow pack with my extreme q most of the time when i am smoking by myself......gets me smashed with the least amount of weed and is the best hit I have had using the Q..

I pack at 185 thats my fave temp.............get the whip suck the weed into the elbow thru the mouthpiece and then just gently press the weed into the elbow so it doesnt drop....doesnt actually have to be that tight and just yeah :thumbsup:

I guess i was packing it so tight because I was using vape crumbs! I have some fresh stuff good to go now though... :applause: