I have not used it yet personally.

Though it's a nice looking unit, the price is not HUGE, the creator actually responds to email enquiries (I am looking at getting one) directly, they put a supposed lifetime warranty on them, and the bits and pieces of random feedback I've read about it seem to lean towards the positive...that and there's a carbon filter bit you can buy for this one too as I recall, which takes out even MORE bad shit (if there's any left?) so health wise it would be pretty good.

Damn sweet looking machine too I have to say.

When I can afford I'll be getting one.

Personally, I'd steer clear of it because it has a pre-set temperature. If you were really sold on the "Kia" range, it might be better to go the "Kia Kustom" vape. At least you can dial the temperature that seems to work best for you.

But with that said, I'd still give the Kia range a miss as I'd want more control over the vaporising process than what they offer. As I'd want something where I can adjust the temperature as well as the fan speed.

:D

EDIT: There's a thread over at fuckcombustion forums that has a few opinions about them. This one below seems about one of the better unbiased ones. :sick

I've had a KIA for over a month and feel ready to report on it. I purchased mine on Ebay for under $100. I have used one other vape and then only a couple of times, so my report must be taken in that context.

Cons:

Weed is sucked up the pipe. The makers threw in some metal screens, which are not mentioned in their literature. The screens help a little, not much. The bowl is narrow, rounded, deep, and sits on its side. It’s hard to get a screen to stay in place. If you knock the bowl with your finger to shake up the herb, the screen moves. I’ve experimented with dropping a pebble in the bowl. The pebble helps. The only thing that works perfectly is bandage gauze on the mouthpiece, but you feel as if you are sucking on your “blankey.”

Unit and glass bowl quickly get hot. If you bought the Kia, as I did because of its “stealth” capabilities, you have to lock it up hot when you are done smoking or risk letting it cool and forget to put it away so your kids find it. I leave it open and sort of hide it and always forget to close it.

I have been unable to figure out how to smoke all of the goodness out of weed without burning it. Inevitably, the weed turns black, and I inhale smoke.

The power cord is under the unit and not detachable, contrary to what pictures show. Consequently, either you have to run the cord under the hinge, which is a pain, or have it dangle in front of the unit. Not very elegant.

Pro:

It gets me high more efficiently than any other device I’ve used. It takes remarkably little weed to do the job.

Conclusion:

If I had it to do over again, I’d spend more and get something better. I think I know why Kia can sell their units for so much below list ($220): They are still making a profit. The materials look quite cheap--thin metal, medical supply store whip, cheap power cord. . .

good on you for going vaporizer, i was a heavy bong smoker for 15years before i made the change (lung cancer scare) and havent smoked a bong since...

ive had the arizer extreme for about 3weeks and love it, 250 us ebay... check it out

im not saying its better then the one you suggested but its got lots more features. i like using the whip but balloons are def my favourite way of smoking now, plus its handy to be able to set the temp (depending on strain and how thick you want the vapour)

and it has a remote, lots of people say "so what" (i was the same) but its great to be able to sit back fill your balloon (i change fan speeds and temp as im filling) and be able to turn it off when ya just too stoned to get up..

and the advantages of vaping over burning, apart from the fact its healthier, i find its a much better stone(less fuzzy head) and tastes better, less waste (i used to smoke around 2grams a session plus spin, now i smoke 1 gram just weed) plus you reuse the vaped weed(butter) and you collect the pure thc out of the glass fitiings and make thc pills.

try doing that with a bong

it does take a lil getting used to as during my first week i was tempted to go back to a bong but recently a friend offered me a bong and it just seemed so dirty/ bad for me inhaling that much smoke that i drove 1hour round trip to get my vape :D

hope that helps

my mate got one and we had a few smokes from it, but it takes all the fun out of it. you hardly realize that you've taken a hit, you can't really taste the bud if you grow your own and its more expensive to buy than a pack of king tallies. Some pros are it dosen't make the room smell and the buzz creeps up on ya if thats a good thing. its up to you but I wouldn't waste my money. peace love and raspect

Hi ATV,Like indy said if you cant change the temp to higher or lower then dont get it MJ vaporizes between temps of 130c an 226c,I have a volcano an if you turn the temp up to a setting between190c an 226c it will rip your fucking head of lmao :toke: :D so get a vape you can change the temp on an you will not be wasting your money :D when i use my volcano set at 6 temp 190c it tastes just like hash mate, :sick lol if you dont get a {volcano} then i would get a {Q,arizer}you should be able to buy one in australia check the link from OZStoners lol

good on you for going vaporizer, i was a heavy bong smoker for 15years before i made the change (lung cancer scare) and havent smoked a bong since...

ive had the arizer extreme for about 3weeks and love it, 250 us ebay... check it out

im not saying its better then the one you suggested but its got lots more features. i like using the whip but balloons are def my favourite way of smoking now, plus its handy to be able to set the temp (depending on strain and how thick you want the vapour)

and it has a remote, lots of people say "so what" (i was the same) but its great to be able to sit back fill your balloon (i change fan speeds and temp as im filling) and be able to turn it off when ya just too stoned to get up..

and the advantages of vaping over burning, apart from the fact its healthier, i find its a much better stone(less fuzzy head) and tastes better, less waste (i used to smoke around 2grams a session plus spin, now i smoke 1 gram just weed) plus you reuse the vaped weed(butter) and you collect the pure thc out of the glass fitiings and make thc pills.

try doing that with a bong

it does take a lil getting used to as during my first week i was tempted to go back to a bong but recently a friend offered me a bong and it just seemed so dirty/ bad for me inhaling that much smoke that i drove 1hour round trip to get my vape :)

hope that helps

fuck yeh what a plan . i been smokin for bout seven so a got another seven of bong smoking pleasure i hope. how was the transition from smoke to the vape did you hang at all for the bong because i very much enjoy my bong hit but dont want to die either .

i dont think people realise how inefficient bongs are, although thc dosent mix with water it is extremly sticky and a lot actually gets caught in the bong, the bong is one of the most inefficiant ways of smoking (i think highest tar to thc ratio out of all methods).. and plus i really think the difference in the high is due to the large amounts of carbon monoxide and other chemicals in the smoke from combustion smoking (thats why i used to pinch dads ciggs, suck back a whole one and get the head rush..) and i feel that the vaporizer lets you experience the thc/cbn high etc without the other chemicals contributing, thats why i call it a cleaner high, this is just my opinion so dont flame me :)

and the thing with vaporizers is you have to spend the money and get quality (or at least the varible temps) and then mess around with it so you learn how to use it better (just like when i first started bongs, id pack monsters and blast the fuck out of them, til my mate should me the best way to smoke them ie ghosting)

the bag system i find better due to liking big hits (like a bong) where as my friend likes the whip (shes a joint smoker)

and the first lung cancer scare you get, well you really look at things differntly (most problems can be repaired or parts removed, but fuck your lungs and your goooooooooooooooooone :)....

ps where the fuk is the spell checker, i cant find it