help with stem

Hi all,

first post here; i am seeking advice for the best method to repair my plant - my friend was going to check myself and his small 4 plant crop, as he got there 3 plants had been pulled out and left on the ground, and my plant was still rooted, but barely, and the main stem had been snapped; only holding by a few strands.. we're guessing that people were there and heard him coming (it was on his property) anyway, I took mine and drove it to my house and have tied each branch to stakes, and did my best to support it..

I am wondering if there is anything else that I can do to assist in its growth and repair? Its only about 3-4 weeks off harvest?

- should i give it as much sunlight as possible..or less?

- any nutrients that may help?

Thank you

Around the breaks, wet some toilet paper and wrap it or buy some grafting tape(better option) and wrap from above the break to below the break, you may still have to support it but at least it will be sealed and stop the air from getting in also keeping the flow of nutes to your buds. if you use toilet paper it will dry hard like paper mache but probably still won't be strong enough to support weight. Watch out for flowers on your plant to this rip would of been a shock to the system it didn't need right now, but should be OK if it is late enough. GH72

:wacko:

G'day Ausmate,

Sounds hectic man ... bummer about that ... sure it wasn't a wild Herbivorous Kangaroo or anything?

Anyway , supporting it is good , don't even be afraid to get out the duct tape :peace: ... :)

But I'm serious ... it will mostly work ... better yet ...

Soft fabrics are a better method of tying snapped branches , like a stocking or old snotty hanky or any strips of fabric will do ... also , you can apply a natural honey to the wound before splinting and dressing (ofc , don't forget to splint heavier branches with whatever (use a stick) before bandaging :)

As for before harvest , 3-4 weeks to go ... I'm not sure if I'd bother to replant ... might have to cut your losses with a slightly immature smoke ... yet still ... maybe it's got longer to go ... well I'm guessing you've transplanted it already and watered the new soil through ... I'd give it bugger all nutrients if in new soil ... absolutely nothing. Leave it a week at least and check the bandages , change or take off as necessary :)

If it has noticably picked up in a week or 2 then maybe a *light* feed will be in order , if it has weeks to go then you can up the nutrients until flushing before harvest :)

Btw , I'd give them healthy amounts of sunlight this time of year (like as much as possible) and moderate water so they are well hydrated but not over waterlogged (if in pots) ... if back in the ground they should do fine under the same regime ... but understand this may cause some major shock depending on the severity of the damage ... they might not want to continue flowering at all if they do survive :)

Well , that's my veiw on it , hard without pictures of your situation but if any further questions you can direct them back here ofc ... Good Luck.

Cheerz and Happy Growing to ya ;)

Budman :)

Thanks for the replies - I havent done anything more to it yet, but it seems to be surviving, some leaves are a little droopy but for the most part looking healthy.

@phreak987 - haha good idea, might just have to do that :wacko:

@budman2012 - it definately wasnt a kangaroo, the plants had been ripped out completely.

At the moment I have some concreters string supporting the split, I have been checking it everyday, no signs of repair but its still early :)

The plant is in a large container so I havent had to transplant it but i have put some extra soil ontop to support the leaning tree; as the roots had been yanked quite a bit.

Might leave the nutrients out at the time being, I might chuck some compost/coffee pucks on it but I havent used any chemical fertilizers the entire grow and dont intend to.. theres quite a few live worms in the soil but yeah I'll just let it do its thing i guess.