Lib Dems' secret plan for high street cannabis cafes

Lib Dems' secret plan for high street cannabis cafes

Cannabis cafes would be permitted under secret Liberal Democrat plans.

A leaked policy document calls for the decriminalisation of the drug in an approach even more radical than Amsterdam’s.

The paper also suggests allowing possession of cannabis, social supply to adults and cultivation of the plants for personal use.

It follows an internal party vote that commits the Lib Dems to making it ‘no longer a crime for the occupier or manager of premises to permit someone to use cannabis on those premises’.

The party’s constitution binds its leaders – in power – to implement votes carried at annual conferences.

The Tories, who unearthed the policy document, said the policy would go further than the Dutch model of turning a blind eye to ‘cannabis coffee shops’.

Cafe owners could allow customers to smoke the drug outside or buy ‘hash brownies’ and vaporised cannabis.

Chris Grayling, Tory Shadow Home Secretary, said: ‘Lib Dem policy on drugs is deeply worrying.

‘When you look at the detail of what they want to do it’s quite clear that they want to be soft on crime and want to sign up to more and more powers from Brussels.

‘I have spoken to countless people whose lives have been wrecked by hard drugs.’

Nick Clegg has also come under fire for suggesting heroin and other drugs should made legally available. 

The Liberal Democrat leader claimed that criminalising drug use was restricting ‘individual freedom and civil liberties’ – and argued that drug offences should not lead to jail.

While serving as an MEP, Mr Clegg complained it was unfair that drug users were being pushed to the fringes of society.

He said heroin – currently a Class A substance – should be made available to addicts under medical supervision.

He signed a motion calling on EU member states ‘to take measures to make the fight against organised crime and trafficking in narcotics and psychotropic substances more effective, by establishing a system of legal control and regulation of production, sale and use of currently illegal substances’.

Last night, a Lib Dem spokesman said: ‘We will always base drugs policy on the independent scientific advice of experts.’

The Liberal Democrats are on course to see their number of MPs soar at Labour's expense, a poll revealed yesterday. The ICM/Guardian poll shows the party's vote is increasing more strongly in Labour-held marginal seats than in Conservative ones. They could end the election with 80 MPs - the most since 1923.

Author: James Slack

Date: 29th April 2010

Source: Daily Mail

Copyright: Associated Newspapers Ltd

i`d definately vote for that...

just gotta wonder at what expense it would be.. the libs dont have any credible leaders at the moment in my view.. i think tony abbott is a way bigger wanker than kevin rudd and hes a big wanker so thats sayin somthin....:)

but in any case i`d definately support that bill with my vote.. lets hope it comes to fruition, its about fuckin time.. :wacko:

i`d definately vote for that...

just gotta wonder at what expense it would be.. the libs dont have any credible leaders at the moment in my view.. i think tony abbott is a way bigger wanker than kevin rudd and hes a big wanker so thats sayin somthin....:)

but in any case i`d definately support that bill with my vote.. lets hope it comes to fruition, its about fuckin time.. :wacko:

its about uk parties not here in oz..

:wacko:

Yeh , The Uk Business ... thanx for posting this.

This Clegg guy sounds like he might have a mind about him although I've only read about his prohibition stances so not sure if his other views and policies are sound.

This is also quite important news as the Brits will be voting on this particular issue as well as that the Lib-Dems are getting a Swelling of support as people everywhere are just sick of the Bullshit and I beleive this dude and the others are offering up a different solution that may just swing the votes , hopefully if anything ever encourages young and apathetic people to vote it is by legalizing drugs :)

If the ones who didn't vote suddenly voted for the Lib-Dems this year maybe , just maybe we could see the UK line up with 1/3 of the rest of Europe and finally relax the Cannabis laws , if not completely legalize.

Either way the discussion is at the forefront over there and will play a part in the next wave of protest.

Californians get to vote on it in November. I'd start voting if I could vote on the issues and not the idiots. :peace:

Australia lags ... I suspect they'd rather not discuss the issue until they have complete control of the nanny state system. :)

Anyhoo , Will be interesting to see what happens in the Brittish elections this time (for once) ... wish them luck and contact your UK friends and relo's and get them to vote Lib-Dems all the way :)

Cheerz ... and here's to a Merry New Old England :)

Budman :)

duhh :wacko: of coarse its the UK torana.. youd think " the tory`s" wouldve given it away for me huh? well arnt i the dickhead then...:).. way too many cones today.. ahh well maybe with a bit of luck it`ll rub off on some poly here...WE CAN ONLY HOPE...:peace:

cheers.... :)