Budtender coming to town!

lostinoz

Question

Hey everyone,

I'll be coming to the brisbane - noosa area for the first two weeks of may. I am a medicinal budtender at a dispensary here in the states. I am coming over for my wedding in Noosa, my wife's from Melbs, I'll be surfing mostly but if anyone wanted to do an interview about the medicinal movement here and how rapidly things are changing or needs advice anytime on strain selections for ailments please ask! I help out about 150 different patients with their weekly medical needs. I really think Aus needs to have a medicinal program similar to ours, as should everywhere. The difference it is making in the lives of some patients is astounding. Can't wait to be back in Aus! See ya soon!

Hi Lostinoz, I suffer from chronic pain in my lower back an left leg,none stop,an have Glaucoma as well,I was interested in the strains that you may use in the States for =C-Fibres Nerve pain, & A-Delta Nerve pain,Hope you catch a few waves. :D I used to surf myself but cant no more due to back problems, Edited by Dingo-2008

Hi Lostinoz, I suffer from chronic pain in my lower back an left leg,none stop,an have Glaucoma as well,I was interested in the strains that you may use in the States for =C-Fibres Nerve pain, & A-Delta Nerve pain,Hope you catch a few waves

Hi Dingo,

So for chronic pain and what sounds like your sciatic nerve I have some suggestions:

First off, that nerve pain going down your leg is gonna be difficult to deal with do to the amount of time this is agitated simply by walking around, so for times when this is bad I highly suggest eating edibles, I usually suggest equal to a .5 gram per dose for a general overall dosage, heavy smokers will need to double or triple this.

Ok, so for strains that I have found that help with chronic pain and your other ailments would be:

Trainwreck, should be lighter in color with an almost lemon or pine-sol smell

Nice Trash, usually leans purple in color but may not, smells like...well..trash or old celery

Lemon Purps, purple mostly, smaller buds sweet smell, like jam, good for evenings

Querkle, Space Queen x Purple Urkle, excellent excellent medicine, looks tye-dye colors

Big Bud (snocap big bud), large super dense colas, smells like a cedar forest in the morning

Mother's helper, personal favorite, Northern Lights x Sweet Island Skunk, good for daytime

AND IF YOU CAN EVER FIND IT, BLUE DREAM, it is a 50/50 but just perfect for all around, day, night, all the time! great flavor and burn, kills pain, let's you sleep yet doesn't put you down, absolute favorite.

Hey Lost,

How about for depression and anxiety? I suffer from these two little buggers chronically.

I have put a post up previously about this and got some great help however it would be good to have some info from a person just like yourself.

Link to my previous topic below if that helps.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...mp;#entry263330

Hey Lost

Welcome to Aus, hope you enjoy your stay and the wedding B)

Its good to see that you help people out because cannabis is an important medicine that has a lot of benefits but here in Aus, the people and government doesnt know that.

Its quite sad and I don't think that medicinal marijuana here in Australia would be coming anything soon.

Also if you can answer this then i'd be quite glad, but do you know any strain that might help with depression, stress and muscle aches?

Thanks B)

Hey Lost

Welcome to Aus, hope you enjoy your stay and the wedding lol

Its good to see that you help people out because cannabis is an important medicine that has a lot of benefits but here in Aus, the people and government doesnt know that.

Its quite sad and I don't think that medicinal marijuana here in Australia would be coming anything soon.

Also if you can answer this then i'd be quite glad, but do you know any strain that might help with depression, stress and muscle aches?

Thanks lol

Depression is a tough one because while cannabis can help quite a bit with depression, if you smoke too much or if you suddenly can't smoke it can increase one's depression temporarily. Now, this is just my experience personally and from other patients of mine, I have NOT studied this extensively, but enough to start a theory.

For stress the best thing you can do is to target the stress in your life, take it easy, try to take a more laid back approach to everything, adopt more of a "hippy" mentality, it's very difficult to do really, I find it's not the stress that gets too me but rather the way I react to it, its all in your reaction, and i'm really trying to master this but damn it's hard.

Now for an overall strain to help with these symptoms I would suggest Nice Trash, this is mr.nice x trash. stinky, good daytime buzz but doesn't keep you up at night either. Also, I find that for depression it's always nice to have a very fruitty sweet flavored strain, there's something about a sweet dankness that always puts a smile on people's faces!

And of course I recommend Blue Dream for everything!

Hey Lost,

Im from the States as well, been here for 2 yrs and suffer with Anexity and Depression. It really sux that I can't smoke here, I know how much it helped me before. Now I have been treated by my Dr and the pills she prescribed are very scarry. ITs a real worry to me and the side effects are just as scarry. I worry that if I try to come off of them what will it be like. Atleast when I smoked, I knew I would calm and then sleep. If I was having a good day, I didn't smoke and just went with it. These pills I have to take are everyday and God forbid if I forget. I sure wish they would legalize, it would make my whole life a better one. I know I will live with this my whole life, but the thought of pills and the upgrades of dosage when they don't work anymore, is something I wish I could do without. I live in Mel, sure wish I could meet ya B).

Well enjoy your stay.

Peace