Very Cheap Co2 Regulator with Solenoid

Hi all:)

In the middle of co2 searching and found this product from Taiwan that is sold via ebay Hong Kong. It has the regulator, solenoid and I think suitable for Australia cylinder thread. After conversion, it is about $100 AUD with shipping, which makes it a fair bit cheaper than the Comet Greenhouse Co2 kits. I can't see a flow meter with it, but noticed a knob to control flow - suppose it is for aquariums. I have a co2 meter, so I can quickly use the knob to get a fairly accurate flow rate and was hoping that with a timer, I could get this thing to work.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, as I am over my head with this stuff.

Thanks heaps

pug:)

Taken from eBay Listing:

BRAND NEW in Box

Brand "UP", made in Taiwan

Most compact & sturdy construction

Dual gauge pressure indicators

Industrial-grade Precision Needle Valve

Integrated 110/220V Solenoid (Magnetic) Electrical Valve (improved quality, more durable and reliable) (suit 110V or 220-220V electricity supply)

Solenoid Valve is "JBS (Jin Ben Sun Co., Ltd)"

Compatible with various size of CO2 Cylinders (from 12 oz to 20-lb)

The thread is made according to UK, Europe, Japan and Taiwan standard (JIS m22-14), 22mm in diameter

Free Check Valve x 2.

____

Ebay:

http://buyeng.ebay.com.hk/buying/hk/displa...151?_trksid=m38

Home Site: (love the name...quite charming really.:D

http://www.up-aqua.com/00-dm-page/00up_106-AD-1-big.jpg

post-14354-1272174244_thumb.jpg

Your best bet to make sure you get it right is use whats proven to work. Thats "Comet" kit is made by CIG, it comes with everything they have listed, they are simply reselling exactly what comes boced from CIG, find a welding supply place that does CIG stuff and ask them for a price on the CIG Co2 regulator kit part number 301793, tell em you'll pay cash with no receipt, try a few and you'll get one for $500 from one of them B)

GB