New Zealand drug dealer caught by tsunami warning

AAP April 23, 2010 9:13AM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-...x-1225857281273

© Herald and Weekly Times

WHEN a tsunami warning hit New Zealand, Richard Toihau Carlson had to move his cannabis to higher ground.

So the 57-year-old had nearly 8kg of the drug stashed in his car when the police spotted a broken tail light and pulled him over on the North Island.

Judge Tony Adeane said police found 15 plastic bags of cannabis in Carlson's vehicle last September.

Carlson said he was moving the drugs for fear of a tsunami. Although the weed was mouldy, it would have been worth $NZ40,000 ($30,650) in good condition.

Carlson pleaded guilty to possessing cannabis for supply and was sentenced to 12 months' home detention at Gisborne District Court.

:o

Oh man ... sometimes it just borders on the pathehtic doesn't it ...

Hard to feel sorry for the guy ...

(although ofc I do as no one should be persecuted for Canna , especially if it's moldy :D )

Something tells me the Tsunami warning bit may have just been an excuse. Are you really gonna decide to save some almost worthless mouldy budz over your other 'possesions' in event of an impending Tsunami??

(Let me guess , there was no Tsunami. lol)

Aside from that , nice to see that the NZ sentencing seems moderate , what is home detention anyway? ... don't have to go to work or do the shopping for a year? Awesome :thumbsup:

Broken Tail-light FTW! ... if your going to be chauffering a large amount of Cannabis around , ffs don't be driving a broken car , carrying scales or posessing a firearm etc etc etc ... Taking risks is a big part of living a full and healthy life but if it can at all result in serious 'criminal' charges i'd say the consequences outweigh the gamble. ;)

Cheerz and Stay Safe ;)

Budman ;)