Editor's Introduction: Marijuana In America CNBC

The legalization of marijuana is no longer the unthinkable.

On a state level, in California, for instance, it could be a reality later this year. Some 56 percent of people polled there already support the regulation and taxation of marijuana, ahead of a November public referendum to do just that.

Medical marijuana is now legal in California and 13 other states, while more are considering it. The drug has been decriminalized in 13 states, and in Denver voters opted to legalize a small amount for personal consumption for those over 21 years old, even though Colorado law says otherwise.

All of this is creating a legal thicket involving jurisdictional authority because on a federal level, marijuana is not legal in any way, shape or form.

As the legal debate grows louder, so do other ones about what is already one of the nation's biggest cash crops.

cont..

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36179733

:thumbsup:

:o

Nice one SheepinWolf,

Funnily enough I bookmarked this one yesterday :

Marijuana and Money : A CNBC Special Report

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36022433/

The Intro you listed is just a small part on an entire page of Articles and discussion , amazingly enough.

So I just thought I'd add the link for the 'Home' Page of that section also ;) no worries.

I haven't read much of it yet but looks like there are a few arguments for each side of the story. Seems fairly in-depth from the small amount I've seen so far. Maybe others could give their opinion on this CNBC Special Report if they get the time ;)

Cheerz ;)

Budman :thumbsup: