Cannabis related Harm in Queensland

I heard some mention on the radio about the Queensland Government doing a report based on a report from Drug Free Australia titled "Cannabis: suicide, schizophrenia and other ill-effects research paper". The Government are taking submissions from individuals and groups. If anyone in Queensland is interested these submissions should be in by 23rd April. Drug Free Australia have a very biased anti cannabis stance and I am surprised they are being taken seriously by Qld Govt.

Cannabis related harm in Queensland

Closing date for feedback: 23 April 2010

The Social Development Committee has received a reference from the Parliament to investigate and report on the Cannabis: suicide, schizophrenia and other ill-effects research paper published by Drug Free Australia.

Cannabis is the most widely used illicit drug in Australia. The health risks associated with cannabis use, particularly the risks of users developing mental health problems, have attracted significant public and media attention.

In undertaking the inquiry the Committee will consider:

* The risks associated with cannabis use, particularly for young people; and

* Strategies to reduce the level of cannabis use in Queensland.

The committee has published an issues paper (PDF, 200KB) to provide information about the scope of the inquiry, stimulate public discussion and invite public submissions.

How to have your say

The committee invites interested organisations and individuals to make a written submission to the inquiry by Friday, 23 April 2010.

Submissions should be sent to:

* The Research Director

Social Development Committee

Parliament House

George Street

Brisbane QLD 4000

* Or by email sdc@parliament.qld.gov.au

* Or by completing the online form on the committee’s website – www.parliament.qld.gov.au/sdc

For more information about this consultation

Web site: http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au

Email address: sdc@parliament.qld.gov.au

Postal address: Parliament House

Cnr George and Alice Streets

Brisbane Qld 4000

Telephone: 07 3406 7230

Fax: 07 3406 7500

\

http://www.getinvolved.qld.gov.au/consultq...;activityID=277

And a further link:

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/comm...IP_Cannabis.pdf

Some disturbing reading. They seem to have already made up their minds... :yahoo:

And they will not listen to anyone from the general public, because they do not care what the general public thinks even though it is what they think that ultimately matters.

DFA is just a Pseudo modern day Neo-Nazi movement in the making.

I hope that fat bastard who is the president dies if in 10 years time that prick is still clinging onto life, we should do something about it, who knows maybe we will sue him for hanging onto life for the sole purpose of bringing society down to his own benefit.

Allot of people on here bash NCPIC but compared to DFA NCPIC isn't too bad, well no kidding their full of shit, but at least their interested in helping people (or their idea of helping people) which doesn't involve destroying people by jailing them.

Times like this i really wish i had a car and license, but i never made time for it.

us queenslanders need to get people to voice their opinion.

hmm, even if your from another state it can help to get activists and normal people to support vetoing this shit.

Instead of writing to a group who will not listen spend that time writing to people that can change the law - politicians are our servants and majority wins most of the time.

^_- agree with that wilderbud, but would add that the media also needs to have pressure put on it, somehow, to challenge as to why these sort of "reports" are being sanctioned anyway.

I mean, come on lol , is society not not yet over governments essentially spending (wasting) money researching the most negative end of drug use, in this case cannabis, when they're only ever going to come to an already pre-determined outcome? Why not spend that money on actually researching the bloody plant and the potential benefits it could have!? ^_-

Unfortuantely, a lot of the time, the media is acknowledging and giving a voice to the "evil-doers". The media, like politicians, are our servents. Without us buying and advertising in their products, no them. Without them providing us with a product we want to buy, no them. And at the moment, yes, the majority does win when it comes to the media, because those in control are typically conservative and likely to want to maintain the status quo (and thus their profits!!) But the people continue to "buy" what they're selling, and that's got to change. Because the media more than anything else has actual power to influence.

Have you's ever noticed in qld that when a bust happens in a town, the local member of parliment gets on tv news and starts on about we need tougher laws for these ppl blah blah......qld is a nice place, beautiful landscape and a variety of climates, yet we are governed by, um, total f&*k wits, sry i dont have the education or vocabulary to explain how i feel in a more civilized manner.