Cannabutter from vape leftovers

Hey all.

Here's one for you vapers out there:

Have heard different opinions on using vaped leftovers for cannabutter, so I thought I'd give it a try to see what's what.

Made cannabutter the usual way - rolling boil with a stick of butter, strain, cool, etc.

Anyway, it works. I mixed an oz of vaped leftovers (ie: the weed was an oz before vaping - I didn't weigh the leftovers) with a stick of butter. I tend to vape the heck out of my gear, so this was on-the-verge-of-burned stuff.

I have some mild but pleasant cannabutter as a result. Very mellow and sedated stone.

One thing, though - I'd use half the amount of butter next time. So 2oz of vaped leftovers to a stick. I know that's a lot of plant matter to strain out, but, well, it's all a bonus 'cause this stuff was fun the first time around.

As it stands, six small teaspoons makes me feel like I've taken some heavy opiates.

(PS: the missus wants me to add that mixing the butter in chai with a bit of honey goes down a treat. Reminds me a bit of Tibetan po cha tea).

Hey Crunchy lol Sweet. It does work indeed - although as I mentioned, I'd go stronger next time.

I'm still feeling a little mellow this morning from last night's eating - so there's def something in there!

For me, anyway, I prefer this to vaping the mix a second time. I don't really like vaping left overs when there's lovely new stuff to smoke ;)

B)

Cool Pal,

I know a couple of people that do the same and a few that keep the pre-vaped gear as emergency smoko with an ofc lesser but nonetheless satisfactory effect.

Would I be right in thinking that a Vape set at a temperature to maximize THC combustion may actually miss out on some of the many other active ingredients that may combust at a slightly higher temperature? :(

I happened to be thinking about this today for some reason , would be interesting to know if there has any research been done on such things.

To Joel , yeh ... make the butter and have about 1/2 or so of what you calculate you may need (can always have a bit more after) ... give it an hour to take effect and see ... then once you've done that you will better be able to guesstimate your desired dosage the next time :/

Btw , a 'stick' of butter are those rectangle blocks of 'cooking butter' (like Fairy/Western Star etc) that weigh in at 250gms (from memory , I think that's right :)) Yes , you would do the same with vapour 'dregs' as you would in the otehr recipes , only compensating for strength as Paladin said. No Worries.

You can see the CannaButter Guide from the Cannaversity (and adjust for your ingredients) or there are numerous threads on the subject if you do a quick search :/ Good Luck.

Cheerz for the Info :(

Budman B)