New to Marijuana and wants to know the basics

So, my friend asked me to try it with him (he's been doing it occasionally for awhile) and it's something ive been wanting to try for a long time. Basiclly, he's charging me twenty five dollars for 'a stick' or something like that, i have no idea what that means. Is that too overpriced?

I want to hear about experiences, what to expect, how to disguise it from parents and some of the risks.

Is it easy to get addicted?

How much is good for the first time?

I know i could probably find something on google but I figured its better hearing it from a community like this.

Thankyou! All is appreciated lol!

I am guessing he means by a stick is a joint and if it a 25$ joint it better be the best weed ever inless its a blunt might be fair for a blunt a big blunt.thats my opinion anyway. You can always haggle with him be like i think its overpriced most time you will get price raped your first time buying. If it is your first time i would say go with a pipe and take a hit or two from a bowl wait 5-10 min see how it hits you if you dont feel much you can always go back to the watering hole. Now to hide from parents dont smoke it in the house also use a spoofer wich is easy out of any pipe a joint will make you smell. A spoofer is well here is how i make one i take a toilet paper roll and put about 3 dryer sheets on the end and blow my smoke into that tube works pretty well. the main thing to worri about is the eyes deffinitly have visen or eye drops that is a red flag its how i got cought back in the day that and a shit tone of food from micky ds dident look normal lol. febreez your outfit after words now a other important fact not to much otherwise they will say why do you smell like febrezz wich can be hard becuse when your stoned you dont smell as good as you could as in the sensery. The final tip on this is when you do talk to people or your parents just be relaxed they will just think its another day dont make the mistake of being paranoid just act like you normally would not like they know you smoked. Its more mentaly addictive well only mentaly so its more a will power thing but you get use to smoking it dosent effected you to crazy inless you got some good stuff. well hope i could help GOOD SMOKING TO YOU!! let me know how it was.

Bet you wouldn't go to a brewers forum before trying your first beer?

A little strange you came here but welcome along.

$25 for a stick could mean 1 gm, prolly in foil. Yep, overpriced.

For

$1 bucket

$5 soil

$x nutrient + 1 seed and sun can = a couple of ounces of bud all going well. More if in the ground.

Not addictive.

Toke what you can and wait for the result. It will depend on the bud quality.

First things first you wont get addicted to pot if you dont add tobacco,it's the nicotine that makes you think your addicted.secondly everyone has a different experience the first time they try it, i was only 13 when i first tried it and it was a wonderful feeling but it depends on the type of bud your smokin, it could be really strong or it could be some average backyard job but all the same you should have a nice experience.Dont fear pot ,god or buddha or some being gave us marijuana to use for hundrends of different applications not just smoking but thats all i do with it, i use it as medicine for chronic back pain and other medical conditions.

so i hope this helps you out.Tell your mate that you'll only pay 20 bucks for aleast 1.2grams or 1 gram if he is a tight arse. best of luck mate and may the force be with you....lol................spaceleaf

A "stick" means a gram and most people around my area pay around 20 dollars for a gram or "stick", 25 is alitte expensive but iv heard of people paying that much before.

What you should do, is roll a joint. chop the weed up and mix it with around 60/40 tobacco weed (you dont have to do this, i dont enjoy spinning or mixing my weed with tobacco but it will help the joint breathe and burn longer) once uv made the mix and chopped it up roll a roach out of cardboard around 2cm long (this will be the filter) put it in the paper add the mix and roll away. It might be hard to roll at first but eventually ull get the hang of it. You can use a pipe or bong too (I reccomend not using a bong for the first time) once u ready to go, light that baby up, take a few tokes mayb 1 or 2 and hold it in for 3 or so seconds (make sure you inhale properly) then wait a little bit, and if your not feeling it have a few more tokes (depending on bud qaulity)

You will feel relaxed, giggly, slight euphoria, mayb slight headspins, mayb slight tingling but all in all you just feel real good haha. Sometimes people wont notice they are stoned the first time (I did ;)).

It is not easy to get addicted, although I ahve plenty of friends who find it hard to qiuet, but thats after years and years of using it on a daily basis.

Iv been smoking moderately for 3 years, and heavily in certain periods over the past few years and iv never found it that addictive.

P.s you should have enough for mayb 4 small joints out of one gram i rkn one or two would do me, so for a newbie one should be enough but again this is dependent on bud qaulity.

Hope this helps

Peace

F D L

lol

Marijuana is only mildly addictive. Addiction is only a problem when people start smoking it 24/7, waking up having it in the morning, all throughout the day etc... Only a small portion of users find it addictive, and the withdrawal is usually about as severe as going off coffee. However there is some argument as to whether a small percentage of long term, heavy pot smokers get more moderate intensity withdrawal.

Smoke 1-2 medium sized puffs, hold in for 10-15 seconds. Wait 10 minutes, then decide if you still need more, repeat until you get the desired effect. In the future you will have a better idea of how much to take.

Careful if you get anxiety or are the sort of person that worries a lot, sometimes heavy doses of pot trigger anxiety attacks. Its unlikely but if you think you are dying / can't breath or going insane, then your having a panic attack. Its not dangerous and will pass, best tip is to try to stop thinking about your heart / breathing etc and to relax your muscles as much as possible.

Make sure you consume it in a comfortable environment where you won't be interupted, only have it around people you feel comfortable around. You want the sort of environment where you can sit back and relax on the couch if you want, without having to worry about getting busted or something.

Here are some fun things you can do while stoned:

* Go for a walk around the neighborhood, parks are especially good. Only do this if your not too "paranoid".

* Listen to your favourite music.

* Watch a new movie or tv show you haven't seen before, but something you know will be good.

* You might want to get a pen and paper, some people get good ideas and get excited about them on pot, you might want to jot down any revelations you get.

Marijuana can be intense, especially for your first time. Don't be frightened- it won't hurt you, just go with the ride.

Oh yeah as other people have said: Don't mix marijuana with tobacco, this increases it addictive potential significantly as nicotine is an addictive reinforcer of behavior and has intense withdrawal symptoms.

Edited by cybergenesis

Marijuana is only mildly addictive. Addiction is only a problem when people start smoking it 24/7, waking up having it in the morning, all throughout the day etc... Only a small portion of users find it addictive, and the withdrawal is usually about as severe as going off coffee. However there is some argument as to whether a small percentage of long term, heavy pot smokers get more moderate intensity withdrawal.

Smoke 1-2 medium sized puffs, hold in for 10-15 seconds. Wait 10 minutes, then decide if you still need more, repeat until you get the desired effect. In the future you will have a better idea of how much to take.

Careful if you get anxiety or are the sort of person that worries a lot, sometimes heavy doses of pot trigger anxiety attacks. Its unlikely but if you think you are dying / can't breath or going insane, then your having a panic attack. Its not dangerous and will pass, best tip is to try to stop thinking about your heart / breathing etc and to relax your muscles as much as possible.

Make sure you consume it in a comfortable environment where you won't be interupted, only have it around people you feel comfortable around. You want the sort of environment where you can sit back and relax on the couch if you want, without having to worry about getting busted or something.

Here are some fun things you can do while stoned:

* Go for a walk around the neighborhood, parks are especially good. Only do this if your not too "paranoid".

* Listen to your favourite music.

* Watch a new movie or tv show you haven't seen before, but something you know will be good.

* You might want to get a pen and paper, some people get good ideas and get excited about them on pot, you might want to jot down any revelations you get.

Marijuana can be intense, especially for your first time. Don't be frightened- it won't hurt you, just go with the ride.

Oh yeah as other people have said: Don't mix marijuana with tobacco, this increases it addictive potential significantly as nicotine is an addictive reinforcer of behavior and has intense withdrawal symptoms.

i dont think telling you to try pot is a good thing , i think if you need to ask the questions your asking its to early for you to try it , just wait untill the right time if that ever happens hehe

stick is a very old school term for a deal which I remember back in the eighties....it comes from the thai sticks you could buy then and later got corrupted to refer to any deal...deals were still sticks of foil....they ere called foilees too! 20 bucks was always the price too...they were much bigger deals of outdoor generally....25 bucks is now the normal price for your small deal as far as i know dude. We used to go fuckin ape over any hydro years ago cause it was rare to start with...and very much more potent than any outdoor we were getting at the time....I still much prefer hydro...sorry a bit off topic there!