Another day, Another harvest

It's getting rather close to the creame of the crop as i'm saving the best for last, yesterday and today i spent some time chopping down my 3rd last bush, i say yesterday and today becuase I had limited time to cut and trim all the stems and I was fairly lucky today that I didn't get sprung, finishing up everything JUST in time before someone came home ;) and I mean litterally I just wiped the bench and the door opened lol

so this plant was the second of the tallest bushes, i had an early panic harvest I mentioned in another thread last month which means I sacrificed a lot of bud...but i'm not totally at a loss because I got some Heavy dense bud out of this girl, very sticky and very aromatic but not overpowering. while i chopped and trimmed I gathered all the leaf and trim and blended it into a fine pulp for my cooking later on and the smell of the fresh chopped leaf had a very soft cinnamon aroma and the smell of fruit-mince pie...weird but very appealing :P

unfortunately I forgot to take some final pics of the plant...while it was still a plant :P but it looked pretty lame except this one fat bud hanging off the side I had to end up supporting with string because of the rain constantly weighing it down.

What amazed me was how heavy the buds are when you actually cut a branch off! i'm sure that every one of you would say "wow" to yourself when you cut it off and feel the weight, i know that the bud was heavy for the stem but i didn't realise HOW heavy it was untill i held it

Anyway Enough Talk, it's time for some pics!!

This is the first half I did yesterday with the token redheads box for size comparison

post-36943-1270986110_thumb.jpg

I didn't have enough time to take pics of the second chop but I did take a pic of the big bud that was procariously hanging to the side

post-36943-1270986198_thumb.jpg

and this is the whole lot drying at the moment (note me holding the big bud in my hand from pic 2 ;))

post-36943-1270986783_thumb.jpg

I will take another pic or two when they're dried and ready to be put into jars!

I have the goliath to chop down in the coming weeks i'll make sure I post some pre-harvest pics, that's all for now folks

what strain is in the first pic with the match box ??

looks like a really good yeilder

all of the pics are all the same plant, and it's bagseed so i can't tell what it is...all i know is if i had left it to mature past the harvest i'm sure it would have all gone purple/red, all the fan leaves on the buds developed a nice red stem

its a very nice high, full budy high starting from the legs felling very relieved (like when you just sit down after a busy day) and eventually works it's way up while my head stayed on straight for the most part, i'm going to try some more when it's got a bit more moisture back in it...i smoked a pipe full of the crumbly bits that fell off when i was breaking the buds up, not very harsh and quite strong too :yahoo: i got a few seeds in the jars, i'll have to put them into some packets