photo tracking

did anyone see the ch7 article last night on taking photos on phones that are gps enabled? apparently the photo is embedded with a gps coordinate of where the photo was taken. Id say dont use your iphone to take photos if you plan on posting them

That would be fucking right!

Another violation of out privacy, I bet that there would be no way to easily turn off this function and that it is set to do this by default.

Fucking cunts!

What next? electronic toilet paper that screens our excrement for banned substances and sends the cops round to kick down your toilet door before you can pull up your pants?

did anyone see the ch7 article last night on taking photos on phones that are gps enabled? apparently the photo is embedded with a gps coordinate of where the photo was taken. Id say dont use your iphone to take photos if you plan on posting them

Cops search ya on street and u have phone full of grow pics he gona fuck ya right there :bongon:, Not a real smart idea anyways. Loose ya phone and either gets handed in or some bad cunt finds it, so either get busted again or home invaded .

before anyone goes on to some righteous ill advised rant, let me just say that geotagging, is an option on certain mobiles. The mobiles have to have a gps unit (a lot of em do these days) and the geotag info is stored in the photos exif data. the exif data is a metadata system that can be accessed by certain photo editing apps, photshop etc. Very useful in pro photography on location assignments where you are in many areas over a few days taking hundreds of photos, that way you can plot where each photo is taken.

In mobile phones, for them to work, they need a good gps signal. Now thos of you with gps phones, try and use the function inside of a building, or even in a heavily treed area... It won't work.

That coupled with the fact that i'm pretty sure most phones you have to turn it on (it sucks the power from the battery) to use it, means that there is VERY little risk taking photos on your phone.

my question is why are you taking photos on your phone? to show people? hell if i had a grow you think i'd tell a soul? No way!