Harvesting and Frost

Maybe someone could help me with a question I have...was going to wait another week before harvest..checked weather stats..and next week starting Monday-Wednesday there is a moderate chance of frost. Most of trichs on my plants are milky and a percentage of the hairs are turning brown..maybe 30%. I just don't know do I take a chance and wait till next week or do I harvest tomorrow. What are my risks if I wait...will a frost kill my plants? Don't think its a heavy frost...but I just don't know what do to. Anyone please :bongon: Thank you

post-36668-1270796370_thumb.jpg

post-36668-1270796446_thumb.jpg

post-36668-1270796501_thumb.jpg

yea i grew a tall sativa plant in the hills one year and heavy frost came early , plant copped it for 7 nights before i picked the plant

what the frost did was like 'burn' the top 5-7cms of the higher buds, turning the bud a brown colour , didnt kill the plant at all

just 'burnt' the top end buds like i said

:bongon:

i guess it was slowly killing the bud though

yea i grew a tall sativa plant in the hills one year and heavy frost came early , plant copped it for 7 nights before i picked the plant

what the frost did was like 'burn' the top 5-7cms of the higher buds, turning the bud a brown colour , didnt kill the plant at all

just 'burnt' the top end buds like i said

i guess it was slowly killing the bud though

Must have been really cold, we regularly get down to -3C before harvesting, only thing I've ever seen frost do is change the leaf colour.

Edited by lou lou

Must have been really cold, we regularly get down to -3C before harvesting, only thing I've ever seen frost do is change the leaf colour.

maybe it did get really cold lou lou , it was freezing a lot of plants

i could care less whether you find it credible or not lou lou, its what actually happened

primarily my post was addressed to moz

i added it for moz to have when he considers his next move with his plant,

now you have added your experience with frost moz knows that effects of frost can be extremely variable depending(presumably) on local weather conditions and geography

its good cause so much varied 1st hand experience is invaluable to all growers regardless of their level of experience

to throw in another variable some Cannabis varieties grow in the foothills of the Hindu Kush and Himalayan mountains and in late autum -early winter the flowering colas can be covered in light snow falls yet still survive, so strains may have a bearing on the frost-hardiness or lack of it in some strains?

dont ever kid yourself you've seen it all

Typically sativa dominated strains will get mould due to frost but indicas only get better with frost.

Afghan farmers will sometimes harvest when it has just started snowing. And research shows that lowering temps will increase resin production.

I live in the south west of oz and ALWAYS do a grow in winter. yeh sure it gets really windy and cold and wet but ive never had a problem with mould or anything, unless it is a sativa strain.

You take the plants down when they are ready.