Using a dechlorinator liquid for removing chlorine for my reservoir

I treat my water exactly the same way commercial veggie growers do... I use it straight from the tap.

The amount of chlorine in drinking water is no problem for most plants (some very tender fern spores are the exception). Actually it's beneficial, the chlorine helps discourage algae growth.

any carbon filter will take at least 95% of chlorine from water

myself i use a Z FILTER from a home brew shop and my brother uses a brita tap filter and these work just fine

but the bigger question is making shore you allow 4 elements already in the water so as not to over feed with nutes

also i have heard of people using bore water with steritabs and they say it works just as good

Of course rw is a good go..

I used to think the same as Frazz and Gills. Let the water stand in the res and the chlorine will evap off.

But looking into local water treatment use now and theres a second disinfectant combo called chloramine used. Ammonia and chlorine, which doesn't evap off.

Apparently this chemical is what the aquarium guys and mobs like seachem prime are targetting.

Like weedfiend said, chlorine and chloramine can be scrubbed by using carbon filters also or RO. They say chloramine needs a slower pass.

Best of luck