Germing question - cracking seed case

Hey all!

Well, I thought I'd fire off a question. My test grow is underway, and I'm sure I'll have lots of these little qs along the way, so thanks for your patience.

At the moment I have 3 of 4 o haze x skunk #1 popped. They are now at day 10 from planting the seed (planting directly into soil with all of these). Stretched like crazy for the first five or six days but have settled and are happy as now. When I pot them up I'll bury a fair bit of the stem. Blowing some air on them for strength.

Now, the problem: I planted some DNA Genetics Pure Afghan seeds on Sunday. Three of four have popped - but I'm noticing issues here with a very hard seed case that the seedlings are struggling to shrug off. I might scarify these next time with a sandpaper tube and give them a really good pre-soaking (I did pre-soak this time, but only for 4 hours until the seeds sunk, just to ensure hydration - I wanted the roots to pop in soil).

Anyway, one of the three is doing great. the second grew an inch or so, shrugged off the seed case, but was stuck in the embryo a bit. I gave it a day and a half to do its best, but gently cut the embryo that remained this morning and already the cotyledons are spreading well. The third - now here's the problem. It has pushed its way to the surface, but now is lying there slumped over with just a hint of stem. It looks to me like it can't shrug off the case, and I'm wondering if I should try and remove it myself. I'm thinking putting some very fine tweezers into the crack and gently gently levering it outward. Whaddaya reckon? Should I do that or just go for a survival of the fittest approach?

Will post pics if that's useful.