Anyone know what " Meow Meow " is?

G'day All,

Not sure if this is the right topic thread, however:

Last night on A Current Affair they had a short promo for an article on this coming Monday's show.

It was in regards to a new drug/ cocktail called " meow meow"? and had one bloke " posing" like a cat under the influence ,and, another bloke looking rather distressed. :bow:

Just interested if anyone has come across this "meow meow", let alone heard of it before. I'm not interested in an consumption point of view. Just curious as to WTF it is. ;)

Thanks

:D :D

Mephedrone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephedrone

seems people in the UK have been overdosing on it like crazy,another one of them "legal highs" that is yet to be classified.

Seems it has a pretty low fatality rate compared to other amphetamines, I don't play with that sort of shit but seems it's getting the usual treatment by the media, sensationalising any incident involving it's use until there is enough public outcry to get it put on the narcotics list.

Won't be sad to see it go as it sounds like a fairly crappy drug anyways but it's just another example of how a small percentage of the population seem to dictate what is ok for everyone else.

the sad part is cheap bastards are passing it off as regular pills though in aus. Inevitably people will be dosing way too much and risking OD. The part that worries me is that it is bringing Mephedrone and Cathinone, as well as their source to the attention of the people who like to ban shit to look tough. Although it would be good to get real MD gear back on the market more if Mephedrone becomes harder to obtain and pricier etc, and thus not worthwhile.

tried it a few months ago... one of those situation where a mate of a mate came over... nasty stuff.... feels like md + coke.. but when it wears off the paranoia and shit feeling is not worth it at all............. lucky some one was kind enough to send me some hash the week B4 :D

Mmmmmmm Haaaash :D (where is the drooling emoticon when you need it?)

It's keeping me going at the moment, makes even the most horse chaff smelling leaf bearable.

I read an article on it awhile back, some guy ripped his scrotum off because he belived he had worms or something in is sack..

"The girls, within a short time, were crawling around on all-fours, jumping around, undressing themselves, exposing their breasts, and making animal sounds"

...found it

A DEADLY designer drug dubbed Britain's new ecstasy has sent a man into a psychotic trance like state in the first known case in Melbourne.

Conrad, 22, has been released from the Monash Medical Centre after psychiatric treatment after taking mephedrone, known by street name "meow meow," the Herald Sun reports.

The drug has been linked to three deaths in the UK, where in November a teenager ripped off his scrotum because he believed centipedes were crawling over his body, the London Sun reported.

Today his furious mother Karen said her son "was sitting, staring . . . it was like I had the remote control to his body, his mind, the whole thing”.

“He was given three pink pills and so were several other girls. The girls, within a short time, were crawling around on all-fours, jumping around, undressing themselves, exposing their breasts, and making animal sounds."

She told radio station 3AW: "If I had said, 'Let's jump off a bridge' he would've done it."

Karen said her son did not have a history of psychosis, and today he issued a stark warning to potential users: “You’ll end up in the same place as I was, which was the psych unit. And that's not very fun at all,” Conrad told Channel 10 today.

"I saw gremlins, lots. I thought gremlins were chasing me."

Karen said the person selling the drug should have been forced to take it.

The drug is illegal in Australia but is sold legally as fertiliser in the UK.

Australian Drug Foundation chief executive John Rogerson said the drug, which is known to Victoria Police, was sold online as a white powder, crystal or pill. It earned the nickname meow meow from its abbreviated chemical name, 4-MMCAT (from 4-methylmethcathinone).

The drug has begun arriving on Australian shores on the past six months, including attempts to smuggle it here in teddy bears.

Edited by boosted brick

the sad part is cheap bastards are passing it off as regular pills though in aus. Inevitably people will be dosing way too much and risking OD. The part that worries me is that it is bringing Mephedrone and Cathinone, as well as their source to the attention of the people who like to ban shit to look tough. Although it would be good to get real MD gear back on the market more if Mephedrone becomes harder to obtain and pricier etc, and thus not worthwhile.

Real MD won't be coming back anytime soon if ever. I hated my one experience with mephedrone, got about an hour of coked feeling but not really in a fun way and then ended up feeling the most paranoid I have ever felt for the rest of the night. After being offered the same shit by 10 different people in byron and feeling like they all just wanted to rob me I can easily say that was the first and the last time.