Having trouble sleeping

THCME

Question

G'day All,

Due to some recent events I'm finding that I am unable to get anymore than 2 hours sleep at any given time, and, it's really starting to take it's toll.

I have tried Valerian, Kava and Doxylamine succinate ( Dozile ) with little or no effect at all. Even 30mins of exercise a few hours before " bedtime"

Having a smoke isn't doing it either unfortunately.

I really don't want to hit the world of Benzo's or similar.

Can anyone suggest a natural sleep remedy that may help me on my quest to the land of nod.

Thank You as always

:) ;)

THCME, try more than 30 mins exercise, perhaps 2 hours of hard exercise like a 5Km plus walk, no soft drinks or any sugar at all for that matter for a week at least.

You will feel sluggish to start with but sleep you will IMVHO.

These are my tips, here are some others as a general guide.

www.helpguide.org/life/sleep_tips.htm

Good luck. :)

Mate, have you tried guided hypnosis tapes, progressive relaxation or similar?

Also, a friend of mine swears by melatonin capsules to help with shift work, as it does something good to circadian rythmns.

I feel for you. I turn into a right bastard when I'm sleep deprived.

Also, a friend of mine swears by melatonin capsules to help with shift work, as it does something good to circadian rythmns.

Thanks Mate,

Will have a search for some melatonin caps tomorrow and give them a go.

At the moment I just can't focus enough for the progressive relaxation and I'm not overly receptive to hypno. Appreciate the suggestions though.

THCME what helped me a bit after me back operation and still from time to time i put a few drops of lavender me pillow and burn some lavender incense befor i go to bed . good luck in your search if it dont end here . gotta get ya sleep .

Thanks malbuzz,

I'll definitely give the lavender a go, my Missus reckons she'll appreciate the smell change as well ;)

Top link too, by the way. Thanks

Edited by THCME

:peace:

high there THCME ,

It might be best to first find out why your not sleeping well rather than just try random 'natural' remedies ...

I've heard of Melatonin helping too ... you've tried others I've tried , excercise even when you do alot doesn't necesarily help sleeping.

To me , any tablets ain't gonna help ya , if you want natural (and who doesn't) concentrate on your everyday simple lifestyle ... :bang:

Eat Well ... :peace:

Excercise in whatever way you can ... if you drum on a large book as ya watch telly for twenty years .. when you finally get on stage at 90 you'll absolutely smash those drums because practise counts :)

Respect yourself in this zone as it's all we got for now ... kick the couch 20 times a day for 20 years that's like 150,000 or so kicks ... any couch that ever gave you guff would regret it ...

what was I gonna go on about ... ah yes ... :toke:

Being an long term insomniac myself ... I can relate to not not being able to sleep well ...

If heroin and other drugs weren't so damn illegal I'd bet a few would work , but in my my exp that may lead to addictive tendancies , no different than a hypocondriac Naturapath popping supplements and herbs and injecting vitamin B shots ... no joke aye. :/

Unfortunatly I reckon we've all lost the plot , a human wasn't meant to sit for so long. ;)

After a while we have been stripped of all our purpose and identity , I doubt anyone could argue otherwize , but go right ahead. :)

Accellerate now to 50 years from now ... see what it will be like if nothing changes , is that what's best? ... i mean it's times like that that make even the most techno-human think ... I wish I could just go fishing. ;)

Heheh , I'd be better telling of ways NOT to do things , plz excuse me ;)

Cheerz and Nice Dreams to All ;)

Budman :toke:

:wave:

hey THCME,

do you smoke ciggies or drink coffee? or any other stimulants?

these could be affecting your sleep, i know of two or three people who have claimed to develop an increasing sensitivity to caffeine (tea, coffee, chocolate, softdrinks) or other stimulants (ciggies, etc) which keeps them up at night,

i too had been suffering from sleeping problems for most of my life, i've searched everywhere for the cause and had success with weed, also there was a legal high that was in these herbal ciggies (tobacco-free) that made me sleepy and often facilitated many a nana-nap of mine. once i was diagnosed with ADHD i tried to blame my sleeping problems on it, and it fit cos i could never slow down or stop my thought processes, expecially before bed (which is why weed helped so much, slowed me down and relaxed me), but i think its more emotional/psychological than most people realize, just through personal emotional development and self improvement over the last year i've noticed my sleep has improved.

Theres also a pdf i posted here that can be a great help to you imo.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...mp;#entry261431

check it out.

Peace,

Crunchy