FUCKING DEER DESTROYED MY PLANTS !

I have carefully looked after about 8 plants each grown on its own for stealth for three months now. They had grown into masive big trees thanks to good sunlight coming through the bush canopy and good rainfall.

On my last visit i found that 5 of them have been destroyed. I can tell that it was deer. Although i am devistated i kinda laugh because i am a deer hunter so the fuckers have got some of their own back. well not quite i spose if we were square they would have to shoot me, but they got me a little anyway.

apart from fencing which has obvious stealth implications does anyone have some suggests for preventing this.

some i am considering include -blood and bone, a product called detter, (already tried my own urine), anyone tried these

:peace:

G'day GIY , that's bummer man ...

I like the way you kinda rationalize it with the Karma perspective , nice one :D heheheh

At least you still got 3 left for now.

There's alot of info out there on deterring deer , I remember reading it in the american written grow guides like the Marijuana Growers Guide and others but , not being an issue for me , I have no specific information to provide for you , sorry. :)

Cows and Wallabies (besides cops) are probably the most plant-destroying animals to worry about round here.

Got no plants in atm unfortunatly ... but the cows broke in yesterday and gave the yard a good once over (;) , man they can eat alot) ... trimmed it all up real nice they did , they don't usually get in but if I'd had my Canna-Plants out there they would certainly be no more than a stick in the soil after that ;) They ate a large old (attractive) succulent which is a bummer , and shredded my capsicum plants and the lower half of the Bush Lemon tree ... but I didn't really have anything too important destroyed , worth the minor losses to have the overgrown yard trimmed back :D

SO that's my little story , The cows are much worse than wallabies with Cannabis , they absolutely love it :D

Anyhoo , Good luck with your remaining plants ... let us know how it goes ;)

Cheerz :D

Budman ;)

well giy being an outdoors grower i found a product called beat a bug that is all organic that has stood up to hoses wallabies rats and bandicoots . its full of chilli garlic and pyrethum . i have no troubles with said perpetraters nor with most insects . i grow in the open without fences and believe there are dear in the surrounding forests . they also have a product called poss off which for a certain time will even keep humans away reckomended to spray around you plants not on em works well for me .

the company is in WA but get there product to you in a jiffy . look em up

Depends on budget, but electric fence is worth considering maybe for next season.

If out in the scrub, only option would be 12v energiser. If you could hide a small solar panel that could charge battery.

Then run light gauge fence wire round the plot a few times at differing levels. Insulate to support the wire. Earth stake for other side of energizer. Be a pretty hot wire short distance, they'd not touch it twice. You'd have to hide, box up, bury etc the energizer to dull the click.

Stealth would require you ensure no shorts.. cracking sounds in the bush sound suss.

Best of luck :peace:

thanks for the replies.

Had to B) when i read - use tim tams as a lure for hunting. should be easy to sneak up on too with the ipoed in.

Mulla good idea but there is no way i would spend that much on a guerilla grow because of reduced stealth and then the person who comes across it (although very unlikely in this area will score a good $400 bucks worth of shit. Solar energises are worth $350 plus hiking in wire and shit its just not worth it.

Ill try the chilly solution that sounds like a really good idea i have a massive over supply of chilly atm home grown. I work as an agronomist so i might make a chilly powder get it into a solution and add a herbicide sticker and add it to the leaves.

MY PLAN OF ATTACK NEXT YEAR WILL BE

CHILLY SOLUTION AS ABOVE

POSS OFF

BLOOD AND BONE

REGULAR HUNTING OF THE AREA

Hopefully the combination will work. deer will travel for kilometers so the hunting prob wont work