A Haze, Jack Herer or Kali Mist

I'm thinking of adding some sativa into my collection and am unsure which way to go. I've been growing Afghani for the last 2 grows and as much as I love it, I long for something more cerebral to puff on. I've always been intrigued by the Haze varieties and remember smoking some silver haze about 8 years ago that still stands out as some of the best smoke I've ever tried. Only problem is they seem to have a tendency, like most sativa's, to stretch from what I've read. This would be an issue for me as I'm growing in a wardrobe and the first bagseed plant I did just kept stretching for the heavens until I pulled it and all the tops got burnt by the light. I don't want that happening again :wave: Now I know there are lots of different Haze's out there, wondering if anyone knows of one that grows relatively compact but still trips you out nicely?

The next option is Jack Herer. I've smoked this plenty of times, used to get Oz's of it all the time a couple of years ago and the buds really do look exactly like I've seen in the pictures. I can pick JH straight up just by looking at it and smelling it. I've also read that they grow nice and compact and I know from first hand experience that the High is top notch. Only problem is that Sensi Seeds Jack Herer is 145 pounds on Seed boutique which is a lot of fucking money really.

The next option I have in mind is Kali Mist from serious seeds. I dont know much about this one but from what I have read so far, it sounds nice. "Organic Meth" without the side effects was one description :punk: But according to some reviews, its high is uplifting and it grows compact which pretty much sums up what I am after to balance out the narcotic afghani.

Anyway, I'm pretty much just after some advice, to help me decide. Or more options to make the decision harder, either way.

Cheers, BS eyes.

P.S. After a bit more reading, it seems the Kali mist is not so compact.. "Kali Mist grows into tall, running, classically sativa plants with very few leaves." quoted from one report.. Anyone know of a relatively compact cerebral strain?

Edited by bloodshot_eyes

fuck GHS off.

here is some that ive flowered from cuts and seeds and got a reasonable yield with very HIGH ceiling high.

NL5/haze, kali mist circa 1996, afghanskunkxafghanhaze (highly recommended and new to MNS), nebula (paradise), SAGE (sativa afghan genetic equilibirum, its a stout plant with a haze high), cali orange, durbanthai highflyer, mulumbimby madness, panama red, malawi gold, thai and nigerian.

if u get a pure sativa then it will flower longer and be a skimpier yield. i'd suggest a 50/50 sat/ind like cali orange, u get the best of both with variation of high. kali mist is NOTHING like it used to be.

My recomendation is to look at afropips and get some malawi mini lol

SSH still stretches like a bitch tho mate... I had issues keeping mine small in the drop but i vegged for way too long. If you were to veg for only a couple of weeks then flip would be good. Delicious buds, i had heat problems so mine were real light and fluffy tho lol but definately a good strain.

Jack herer is a strain i have wanted to grow since i read about it. I think that i will in future look at buying some JH seeds for sure.

I gre the kali mist from Serious seeds. My first time to at growing. Tghing was a beauty. It was outdoors though. I had like 3 different pheno types of it i guess the genetics are abit different in each seed. One was small compact not tall, one was medium height and one was about 8 ft. Very close inter-nodes. Unfortunately haven't had a chance to smoke it and getting molded right now. Im to blame for that though because i didnt take pre cautions. I guess we all learn new things every day

Jack Herer can easily treble in size under flowering, however there are 4 distinct phenos, which are very well described

here one of which is a very compact Indica Dominant pheno, another a wicked blend of Sat and Indica that is truly stunning.

I hope you're patient also 70 days would be a minimum with flowering cycles around 100 days not unheard of.