Acacia Floribunda

Hey,

I have recently come into possession of a nice little acacia floribunda (Gossamer Wattle) bush,

and I have a few questions.

* Chemically speaking, What exactly does this plant contain? I've heard different things from different sources

(all of which were pretty vague.)

*In terms of alkaloid content, how much of x is prevalent in said plant (where "x" is the above point)

*Has anyone grown this kind of acacia before? If so, any tips?

I haven't heard much about this particular one. The two main alkaloids your plant will contain however is dmt & 5meo-dmt.

But I do have to warn you, the same plant may give you varying alkaloid amounts at different times of the year.

I have not been able to establish what time of the year is best.

A friend of mine only collects his samples during the winter from wild specimens as this is when the trees are in flower and it is easiest to positively identify the exact species he is looking for.

The only way to establish what your plant has is to extract a sample of say, 100g dried bark and let us know the results.

I'm not sure how handy you are in the lab, but it is not too hard to get a fairly accurate analysis of dmt vs 5meo percentages of your particular plant.

For growing hints, I would suggest that you plant it in the ground as acacia's love spreading their roots and easily become root bound within pots.

The soil should not have too much nitrogen in it, most natives do not tolerate high amounts of N.

In short, dig a hole in some average soil, chuck it in, water during its first summer and then leave it alone from that point on.

Natives are really good at fending for themselves so you should do fine.

I've got a few acacia's that I have done just this to and now 3 years on they are really putting on massive amounts of growth every year.

Good luck.

The ref. i have here states:

Acacia longifolia var. floribunda

Significant portion of total bases in tops, major alkaloid in flowers. Less than 1% by dry weight.

As said above, depends on time of year...

Acacia acuminata, has main alkaloid in stem and leaf, the narrow leaf version has seen upto 1.5%...

and by X, do you mean tryptamine?

The ref. i have here states:

Acacia longifolia var. floribunda

Significant portion of total bases in tops, major alkaloid in flowers. Less than 1% by dry weight.

As said above, depends on time of year...

Acacia acuminata, has main alkaloid in stem and leaf, the narrow leaf version has seen upto 1.5%...

and by X, do you mean tryptamine?

by X he means that he doesn't know what actives are in the plant

Acacia floribunda Tryptamine, phenethylamine,[33] in flowers[15] other tryptamines,[34] phenethylamines

- taken form a thread on DMT nexus just do a google search with somehting along the lines of

Plant Name + Alkaloids

replacing plant name with the name of the plant... sift through the shit and find the gold ! it wont take long, start refining the search to get rid of the garbage... It is really intuitive once you get the hang of it ! learn the words that will find the pages you are looking for and so on