New hydroponics laws take effect

Most Grow-ops aren't bikies they are anybody but mostly younger people, teenagers, they find out how easy it is to grow Cannabis and how much money can be made per harvest so they take the chance.

Completely unfounded.

You should really pre-face absurd comments like this with "imo" (in my opinion) or imho (in my honest opinion) or perhaps even imhco (in my honestly crazy opinion) as they do nothing to help spread intelligent or informative information for which this site prides itself on.

Not to mention the tide of negative responses these types of comments usually generate.

peace

c

Cheers TheHeadCing for sourcing that info from SAPOL, I read that same thing a while ago but couldn't be bothered looking for the link. Looks like you can still buy 250W which is one thing at least. Now I cant be bothered reading through the whole thing but when I last went to the shop to stock up :P I got talking to the guy about all this. He said that it is really messy because he can sell anything he likes to people interstate via the net but not to people in SA, i.e. the I.D. thing only applies to customers within S.A. If thats the case, how is that even going to be enforceable :P And even if the I.D. does apply to all customers, the info is to be sent directly to SAPOL. What interest is a name and address of some guy in Tasmania for instance to SAPOL??

Anyway, I am very suspect that these laws will even be enforceable and the industry, which is HUGE in SA, is supposedly going to launch a legal challenge once they see how it pans out. This would likely be successful as I cant see these laws would hold up to a decent challenge. I just cannot see what would stop them from simply, not asking for I.D and skewing the books a little, its not like these items are banned outright. At the end of the day, if worse comes to worse and there is no way around giving I.D to get lights and shit, all you have to do is get a friend who doesn't grow to buy your stuff for you and give them some smoke for their trouble. If the situation is really paranoid, get said friend to setup a legit growroom in their shed with veggies and exotics and something pungently aromatic, like those flowers from Borneo that smell like rotting flesh, then they can justify the carbon filter refills :P Once again, offer smoke and pay for their setup. A good trusted friend or family member who likes their weed would be more than happy to help out!!

I think that's how many ppl start out. Teenagers do get dollar signs in their eyes after discovering the herb, sitting around having a 'sesh' with mates talking about going large, listening to hip hop and watching movies like scarface :P.

But the vast majority of growers are small timers who have matured over the years and who grow for themselves and maybe a handful of their closest friends. I've met plenty of growers over the years and i can't say many of them have enough supply to last till their next plants are ready. I'm sure there's a few big timers around but our paths have never crossed.

The cannabis trade works mostly as a vast network of small timers - like the internet does. That's why the law is completely wasting it's time. You can never shut the internet down. It's impossible. You would have to go around smashing every computer in the world. And um...yeh - good luck with that.

Imagine if they put those resources into schools and health care.

Unfortunately, cannabis will always be hunted like this and demonised. To 'go soft' on it would be to admit that it's not so bad, and that would open pandoras box on all the good uses for hemp - which in turn threatens massive industries.

imhco

Unfortunately, cannabis will always be hunted like this and demonised. To 'go soft' on it would be to admit that it's not so bad, and that would open pandoras box on all the good uses for hemp - which in turn threatens massive industries.

imhco

Bentbuddha, I am not so sure about this as you are.

For starters we were nearly free from the oppressive Western Ally Government finger waggers when the financial system nearly went kaput in 2008/09.

I read in a news article today that in one county in the USA that even the police cars had been repossessed due to large unpaid debts.

http://wizbangblog.com/content/2010/03/01/...intigration.php

Now when I hear that this is just the tip of the iceburg and there is a lot more pain in store for indebted states and nations like the PIGS of Europe then I am quite optimistic that we are on the verge of a massive breakdown in the world financial system.

When, not if, the financial shit hits the fan and fiat money goes to zero then there will be no means to support these beuracratic yobbos following orders from politicians.

The whole point is we don't need politicians telling us how to run our lives when we are living a peaceful existence, wit and without the herb.

Big government needs to die and government departments need to be made insolvent so we can start living free again.

Edited by Kiweed

:)

The whole point is we don't need politicians telling us how to run our lives when we are living a peaceful existence, wit and without the herb.

Big government needs to die and government departments need to be made insolvent so we can start living free again.

Heheheh , I agree ... but lets say this doesn't happen ... :)

All of the sentiment here rings true to me also ... But i reckon ; it's a bit silly to think that they couldn't enforce a regime like this very easily nowadays ... ofc , with the advent of the Sophistimocated Computer Databases and Intermenet Sharing as we know it now ... It's all easy fare for them these dayze.

(I think It's worth remembering that many Video stores (if not most) throughout the country require an 100 point I.D. check to rent just "Movies" and that has been the case for a while)

Do we see where we are headed? ... Just like the Banks and Utility corporations It's all going to be directed to a machine of some sort from now on ... The Pigz will be laughing as they're job will be even easier again ... No more scanning the streets for kids in the hope of a possession bust ... oh no , It'll be just like checking their E-Mail (with a gun lol !) ... Hmmm , WHooo should we bust today??? :yahoo:

Google Cops. :)

It's not in the interest of "They" to support human rights , freedoms and initiatives ... Their interest is Business and Money and how much.

It's entirely too far gone now. All is to be done is dissent and to watch it eat itself. lol

All negativity aside ... Have Fun! :)

Cheerz :)

Budman :)

I agree. I see the signs of a collapse like this world has never seen. I'm not afraid of it.

I could go about this as i have studied it extensively since 1998 - but i'm sure you know the important parts of it and when i wrote that, i was privately meaning 'until this big shift occurs' but didn't want to start a whole new thread

BB

No shit BSE, how easy is that, just get someone else to buy it for ya. Problem solved.

You'd think most hydro shops will just sell the stuff to people they know without asking for id anyway, especially the big growers. The cops will probably get out there doing there undercover BS trying to buy equipment without id at first, but I'm sure it'll all settle down very quickly.

This whole thing really doesn't seem like a huge deal, I mean there not actually making anything illegal.