Requirements for a medical certificate.

Budstedpothead

Question

Well first off, I don't want to hear about any other topic already on this subject.

this is more or less my own personal query.

I suffer from mental problems which have interfered with my schoolwork for years and prevented me from achieving what i could have, i never take anti depressants, i was once FORCED to try them, and they fucked me up pretty bad, and made me even more unstable.

I prefer Cannabis because it helps the body produce it's own medicine, especially with brain chemistry imbalances.

Unfortunately, i live in QLD the worst place to be a pot user.

I don't exactly NEED Cannabis in other words I'm not going to die without it, but it would benefit me greatly.

I wish i had access to it when i was younger, would have smoothed out allot of mental issues i had.

If anybody has any information about dispensary requirements and the whole process of obtaining a certificate, please let me know.

7 answers to this question

Well first off, I don't want to hear about any other topic already on this subject.

I suffer from mental problems which have interfered with my schoolwork for years and prevented me from achieving what i could have, i never take anti depressants, i was once FORCED to try them, and they fucked me up pretty bad, and made me even more unstable.

I prefer Cannabis because it helps the body produce it's own medicine, especially with brain chemistry imbalances.

I don't exactly NEED Cannabis in other words I'm not going to die without it, but it would benefit me greatly.

I wish i had access to it when i was younger, would have smoothed out allot of mental issues i had.

If anybody has any information about dispensary requirements and the whole process of obtaining a certificate, please let me know.

Are you sure your not getting Queensland mixed up with California? I know they seem awfully similar at times :P

But seriously there is no real avenue for legal cannabis use in any state of Australia, people have been applying to the various state and federal authorities (that supposedly have the power to grant medicinal use) with little to no success.

I dont see any changes happening here any time soon either, our political patsies and media are to wrapped up in their little moral comfort blankets.

Good luck trying anyhow :P

:P

PS have a look at this, might be helpful.... http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...&hl=general

Are you sure your not getting Queensland mixed up with California? I know they seem awfully similar at times :P

But seriously there is no real avenue for legal cannabis use in any state of Australia, people have been applying to the various state and federal authorities (that supposedly have the power to grant medicinal use) with little to no success.

I dont see any changes happening here any time soon either, our political patsies and media are to wrapped up in their little moral comfort blankets.

Good luck trying anyhow :P

:P

PS have a look at this, might be helpful.... http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...&hl=general

Good to see some interest in that thread :)

Well, if I was you, the first thing I'd do is talk to your Doctor.

The informed consent letter alone, without any proof, means nothing,... not that anyone has replied to my letter yet but you never know until you ask, and you have to ask, even though it was slightly tongue in cheek :) .... even with a letter from your Doctor raw cannabis is still a Schedule 9 Drug that cannot be prescribed, no if's, but's, maybe's.

Have a read of this article

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=26616

It is a long read but in there you will see that further from the therapeutic listing of Dronabinol (which contains THC only) the listing of Nabiximols (which contain THC and Cannabinoids).

These pharmaceutical cannabis extracts are Schedule 8(with restrictions) and are at least obtainable if your Doctor is willing to apply for you via the Special Access Scheme.

It is interesting and important to note that Nabiximols has been granted an entry into Schedule 8 for a specific preparation of THC and Cannabinoids.

Do some research, talk to your Doctor, maybe he will agree to apply for you.

Also, if by any chance your a millionaire with money to burn, nothing else to do for the next few years and feeling philanthropical, you could possibly challenge the law by asking if the current limitations on raw Cannabis with known specific concentrations of THC/Cannabinoid are a breach of the Trade Practises Act. It's a long shot but, food for thought.... :)

One thing that had me puzzled though and I have to say,

You won't get very far with an attitude like that :)

Thanks for answering my query Headcing

And i will ask my doctor, i am going there to have a mole scan and i'll ask about it while i am there.

Queensland isn't NSW and Cairns isn't Nimbin, but there ARE Cannabis Dispensaries in NSW you can find articles on the Nimbin Wave about it, thing is, well yeah, Cannabis shouldn't just be limited to people who are terminally ill or seriously crippled, many people can benefit from it, and the people that SHOULD ALLWAYS have access to it are people who are diagnosed with cancer, fuck chemotherapy and send it to hell, that piece of sht of a treatment is barbaric, it only offers a 50/50 chance of success most of the time, so people with cancer have to choose between a shorter lifespan but being comfortable and capable for longer, or risk Chemo and suffer the chronic illness and pain from it, with a limited chance that the cancer will die.

if it fails then said patient basically ends up sick miserable, weak and unable to eat well, and basically their quality of life is reduced greatly, sad thing is because it compromises the immune system some patients catch a virus and die from it because their body is too weak and damaged.

I will not ever drop Cannabis activism because i cannot rest while people who's life actually depends on the substances found in the plant are prevented from saving their life and instead only have treatment with a machine that guarantee's to destroy their health.

it's like this, if you got cancer in it's early stages and found out about Rick Simpsons Medicine and asked the feds for permission to use it, the answer will allways be No, so you decide to cultivate your own hemp and extract the resin from it, the feds and goverment and police find out, you are treating yourself with an unnapproved medicine to save your life, so by trying to save your life you become an enemy of the state and will be hunted down thrown in jail, denied access to your medicine which means the cancer will advance.

Haha Who doesnt have mental Seriously tho this is something you should be asking a doctor but good luck cause i know you'll need it

And i will ask my doctor, i am going there to have a mole scan and i'll ask about it while i am there.

Queensland isn't NSW and Cairns isn't Nimbin, but there ARE Cannabis Dispensaries in NSW you can find articles on the Nimbin Wave about it,

yes there are dispensaries there, but they do not operate with the confines of the "law" nobody can prescribe a class 1 drug, although good luck in your effort.

I've heard of people using medicinal cannabis or drobinol in australia before. but its such a rare case thing i've only ever heard of cancer and aids paitents ever having access to it, and its a highly controvesial thing its by no means easy to aquire.

Queensland isn't NSW and Cairns isn't Nimbin, but there ARE Cannabis Dispensaries in NSW you can find articles on the Nimbin Wave about it, thing is, well yeah, Cannabis shouldn't just be limited to people who are terminally ill or seriously crippled, many people can benefit from it, and the people that SHOULD ALLWAYS have access to it are people who are diagnosed with cancer, fuck chemotherapy and send it to hell, that piece of sht of a treatment is barbaric, it only offers a 50/50 chance of success most of the time, so people with cancer have to choose between a shorter lifespan but being comfortable and capable for longer, or risk Chemo and suffer the chronic illness and pain from it, with a limited chance that the cancer will die.

if it fails then said patient basically ends up sick miserable, weak and unable to eat well, and basically their quality of life is reduced greatly, sad thing is because it compromises the immune system some patients catch a virus and die from it because their body is too weak and damaged.

I will not ever drop Cannabis activism because i cannot rest while people who's life actually depends on the substances found in the plant are prevented from saving their life and instead only have treatment with a machine that guarantee's to destroy their health.

it's like this, if you got cancer in it's early stages and found out about Rick Simpsons Medicine and asked the feds for permission to use it, the answer will allways be No, so you decide to cultivate your own hemp and extract the resin from it, the feds and goverment and police find out, you are treating yourself with an unnapproved medicine to save your life, so by trying to save your life you become an enemy of the state and will be hunted down thrown in jail, denied access to your medicine which means the cancer will advance.

Yeah thats communism buddy, what do you think we live in now a free market? Hardly...