Black Leaf 'Golden Dragon' Review

Hello Everybody time for another review of fine smoking utensils. This one is from my personal collection also.

First of heres the site based overview:

'

This Black Leaf Glass Bubble Dragon bong has a wide hexagon foot, bubble base for extra cooling water capacity, while the tube is decorated with a Chinese dragon. Ice Notches are appropriately placed to capture descending ice cubes and apply their coldness to the drawn smoke.

The bong’s joint is 18.8, though the downtube that comes with it is a reducer, so the female joint of the downtube and the gold-rimmed bowl itself is 14.5.

There is a carb-hole on the upper side of the bubble, which can be easily plugged with a carb-stopper from the G-Spot range.

Black Leaf Glass manufactures all their GTI models with the break-proof ‘Inside Cut System’. This probably doesn’t mean they are entirely break-proof, may I hasten to add. Firmly tested against concrete I predict fail.

Black Leaf Glass guarantees:

• Tension free and heat resistant glass

• Interchangeable standardized spare parts

• Large base for secure footing

• Acid and heat resistant transfers/logos

• Ease of cleaning, due to fine, smooth surfaces of high quality

Every Black Leaf Golden Dragon Series Glass Bong comes securely packed in fully-encompassing moulded Styrofoam packaging protecting it from all imaginable knocks and bumps.

FREE: Every Golden Dragon Series bong comes with a designer Black leaf Golden Dragon Series glass ashtray.

SPECS:

Glass Thickness: 4mm

Bong + Downtube Male Joint: 18.8

Bowl + Downtube Female Joint: 14.5

Diameter: 50mm

I picked this pipe up from onlinesmoke.com for a not to bad price of around $120, For the amount of bong for buck and considering you cannot buy bongs in QLD shops anymore its well spent money. When I first opened the box I was amazed at the sheer size of this beauty, it looks like its come straight off the set from a hollywood movie. As i put it to my lips i realised this is no bong for the kiddies, this thing is a proper professional smoking tool.

The bong comes beautifully decorated with a dragon and gold rims on the bowl/mouth peice. The same beautiful rim starts to dissapear after a small while of handling and smoking, its clear to see it is just a thing layer of gold paint and there is no way to stop it coming off after time. That said this is probably the only bad point to this bong.

The bowl size is magnificent but it takes a couple of smokes with a brass screen untill it pulls like a regular Australian cone, as the bowl hole itself is too large to smoke out of without some sort of gauze, but as i said this problem is easily fixed using a brass screen with a hole pierced into it, after a few smokes and after the peice is nice and resin'd in you wont be able to tell it was any different.

I own the bubble version with the ice notches, its a nice little feature but I doubt i'd use ice very much.

The Chamber size is awesome, this thing will destroy mofos. You can pretty much pull as big (or small) a cone as you'd ever want to no worries in this thing. Its of nice weight and thickness, sturdy too, so i dont think it would be breaking all too easily.

I take pride in owning this beautiful bong, and even after its small downfalls I still think of it as my best smoking tool.

I Give this bong a 9 out of 10

post-38084-1267336926_thumb.jpg

post-38084-1267336984_thumb.jpg

Hey leafy,

I'd ask ya how its hanging but we all know its tied back to keep it out of your eyes.

:P

It seems you think I'm someone else, I've since found out that this bong is somewhat famous for being pissed about this site by some wanker.

Just thought the review would helpful coming from a fellow smoker, believe what you will, do what you want.