Canna-milk? Yes it can.

Man, I can't believe I haven't found this place earlier :peace:

As requested, a recipe for making canna-milk from stems. This is reposted from http://www.yahooka.com/forum/cannabis-cuis...-weed-milk.html (not my own content).

"

It IS very possible to make some very good weed tea that will make you so blazed that you can't find your own ass with both your hands. Here's what you do...

First, collect as many stems as you can - you don't need anything else from the marijuana plant, just the stems (although the potency can potentially be increased with the addition of buds, oils, hash or other THC derivitives). It is not neccessary to crush, break, grind or break the stems down in any way, and a tea bag or filter is unneccessary. Once you've collected a large amount of stems (preferrably at least a couple ounces, which shouldn't be too hard to come by for those stoners out there - and don't forget to ask your friends and family for their stems too), place them in a large pot and barely cover the top with water. Then, add whole milk to the pot until a creamy consistency is achieved (usually about 1:1 water to milk). Now take the pot and set on it on a stove on the lowest setting (you don't want to curdle the milk) and let it slowly raise to a rolling boil (not a violent boil, just enough so you can detect a slight movement in the liquid underneath the surface). Stirring occasionally allow this to set on the stove for 60-90 mins. Remove from stove, filter out all the stems, sweeten with honey and get buzzed!

~*Iced Viper*~

'

Heh. A bit of background - this topic came up in chat the other night. I mentioned finding this recipe. It was suggested I post it here. I was blazing at the time :D

I've not had any experience making this myself so, nope, can't vouch for it. Will definitely post when I give it a shot. Dude in the link provided seems to believe.

In terms of the potency of stems, of course everyone is right that they have very low THC content (1% or less I believe). So , yeah, it's a given that leaves will be better and bud even better than that. In terms of the stem thing, though, I have heard of people grinding it into powder to use in various applications (or just blending it in a good blender prior to alcohol/oil extraction). Dunno. Not something I've tried myself, but my understanding is that it works if you're not wanting to waste anything.

That said, I was wrong one time in 1987 and it's almost bound to happen again sooner or later ;)

Anyway, feel free to leave the experiment to me and I'll resurrect this thread sometime and let you know how I got on :)

Indeed Thandai is a refreshing milk drink infused with Cannabis extracts amongst other ingredients and common on the Indian continent, though ive never tried it myself it sounds enticing

Bhang; using mortar and a pestle, the buds and leaves of cannabis are ground into a green paste

to this mixture milk, ghee, and spices are added

the bhang base is now ready to be made into a heady drink Thandai, an Indian alternative to alcohol

:D