Parts of my plant are dying

Hi Guys

I've got two ladies growing indoors (shed) and turned them a week ago - pure coco soil, GT COCO Bloom (A & :blink: & DM Superbud. pH was 6.8, under 2*600W. One is looking good (very good lol) but the second one is not going so well. I cant get any photos up yet, so will have to try & describe the symptoms as best I can.

1. Leaves have faded in about 1/3 - 1/2 of the plant, still green but nowhere near as dark as the remainder (or the second plant).

2. Both plants are on the same run-to waste system (the sick one is last in line for a feed).

3. The branches on the sicker parts of the plant are brown, and one is already dead. 'Autopsy' revealed the center of the stem was hollow.

4. No signs of bugs in leaves, or around base of trunk - havent checked the roots.

5. I flush every seven days religiously.

I hope this is enough information for some of you gurus to provide a couple of hints - uif you need any further information just let me know - I may be able to get some photos up if needed.

Cheers & Thanks

gday

lets sort something out

are u growing in pure coco and soil?

or just pure coco?

if in pure coco ph should be much lower

i like my ph in 100% coco to be 5.8 -6.2 depending on wat stage im at

and soil 6.5

a combo of soil and coco will cope with a ph round 6.0 to 6.5

id be flushing binnign my plants an dstarting again

along with that horrible shit superbud

nah they can probably be saved

i just hate buds grown with supoerbud

id just flush with correct ph and resume with ph sorted

some photos will help

all the best

bil

As billo said, drop the ph a bit will probably help. The hollow stem is normal in drug cultivars unlike hemp which have a solid stem full of pith.

Are the leaves fading color from the bottom of the plant first? If so it sounds like a nitrogen deficiency. It could be a lockout from the ph being a bit high. What strength is the nutes you are feeding them? Do you have an Ec metre to test it? If you have soil in the mix it could be a salt buildup has started to happen maby too which would compound any ph issues. Next time you water test the ph and ec of the water going in then catch the water coming out and test that. Get back to us and let us know what recording you get. And yea if you can get some pics it would help alot.

Peace MongyMan

Ok......After a bit of thinking I've come up with a theory as to why they are hollow. This is just my theory, I have no idea if I'm right or not.

I'm thinking it's mainly for strength as a hollow steel tube is harder to bend than a solid piece. Alot of weeds and other plants also have hollow stems which may also be for strength and my theory is that originally hollow stems was normal in the majority of cannabis plants too, be they hemp or drug cultivars. Over the years though man has selectively bred hemp varieties to have predominately solid stems in order to increase the amount of pith fiber that can be harvested just as they have selected for higher or lower thc levels in the different cultivars. Drug cultivars arn't harvested for their fiber and therefor there was no reason to breed for solid stems and so the majority of them still have hollow stems. I don't think it's related to, or causes the difference in thc content in any way as I've seen plants with high thc that had solid stems just as I've seen plants with low thc that had hollow stems.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has heard a reason or has a different theory as to why there is a difference.

Peace MongyMan

greetinz

wicked advice from everyone

go so

drop the ph

pix are a must

i have a strong vibe about dis

(the sick one is last in line for a feed).

is it possible to feed them both fresh from the tank????????

seen ??????????

imho

what your plant would love you to do is

switch to folia feeding asap

worm and kelp as directed for folia will maintain her health till you find the problem with the roots supply

now hear dis

never spray under hot lights

ever

or in full sun for that matter

strictly before the lights come on or after they cooled down

go so

post sum pix please

irey guidannce