TWD's First Grow to be!

Hey all!!!

So I'm getting things ready for when my seeds arrive to start my first grow! *excited*

I've drawn up a list of everything I think I should possibly need to do my grow, I'd really appreciated both advice on all of the below and if I've missed anything on my list! =)

Would be very highly appreciated.

- 1 x Seeds - Skunk #1 - In the Mail & On the Way ! :)

- 1 x Cupboard - May have one at home, size to be decided / TBA.

- 4-6 x 18L-24L Buckets - Advice on size of buckets? bigger or smaller?

- 1 x 54L Reservoir Bucket - Big enough?

- 1 x Water Pump 3000LPH - Will this be fast enough?

- 2 - 3 Dual Outlet Air Pump - Should a air stone be in each bucket or just a couple in the reservoir??

- Air Stones for Air Pump. - As above.

- Black Piping + Joints, etc. - Already have this =)

- Rockwool - For seeds / seedlings.

- 1 x Panda Film - Mylar 1.2M x 7.6M 2mm thick is the one I was looking to buy, is this thick enough?

- 1 x HPS 400W - 600W Light - 400W for 4 plants should be enough, but will it be for 6? Should I look at the 600W instead?

- 1 x Fan - Fan to push air in.

- 1 x Small fan - To blow air over the top of the bushes inside the grow area.

- 1 x Fan - Exhaust Fan, is this necessary? Will a exhaust outlet hole do?

- Clayball / Perlite - Which growing medium should I be using?

- Nutes - Which nutrients are best? Thinking 1 for c02, 1 for foliar, and some for the reservoirs.

- 1-2 x Humidifiers - 1 or 2 x Aquarium Mistifier to raise humidity if necessary. (may not be needed.. QLD is quite humid as it is... Also, how can I lower humidity when in flowering!?)

- 1 x Temp / Humidity Tester. - for obvious reasons

- 1 x PH Tester - for obvious reasons again =P

- 1 x Water Temp tester - same.

Thx Guys,

Twd

Sounds like you have most of the shit but you dont know what you are going to do with it.

Cupboard/room size is what you need to know first and foremost, this will then determine most of the rest, such as bucket size, number of buckets, how many lights and of what wattage, and how many lights will be a major factor in what sort of ventilation you will require.

Also which type of hydro are you going to do? This will determine where the air stones go, also which medium will be best suited to your system.

Not trying to be a wet blanket but you need to sort out these basics first to know where you are at.

Good thing beans are still in the mail so you can do some speed reading and get set up properly.

Good luck :)

The larger growing pot you can use the better but that comes down to area in side the robe.

Exhaust fan is more of a must than intake fan u need to draw all the heat out as fast as u can and have good air flow through the robe.

IMO the 400w is ideal for a 2door robe if u go 600 u will get heat probe.

With medium and nutes it is each to there own, but for someone starting out i would say go with the perlite, and nutes u get what u pay for, for veg i have been using green dream it is a one part nute and i cant fault it so far, but i like using optium nutes love there range me self...

thx for the feedback so far guys and yes of course! haha *slaps forhead*

system in intending to do is the recirc dwc

Oh and yeah TRD2JZ, dw mate I've done a tonne of reading... when I say I haven't decided the cupboard size... it's not going to vary that much tbh. I mean... It's going to be around big enough to fit 6 plants and thats basically it.. prob something along the lines of... 1.5m wide x .5 - .8m deep x 1.2m high. Around that sort of area.. sorry I should of put that though..

Anyhow all good to know so far, I guess I'll go the pearlite to start then :)

If only goin to be 1.2 high u iz going to run out of room real quick, as u have to think of how high the pots are going to be up to 450mm high and the area the hood will take up around another 300mm so that wont leave you much room for plants to grow, but what i have found most robes are at least 1800mm high or 1.8 meters around 400-500 deep and around the 1200 to 1500mm wide...

thx for the feedback so far guys and yes of course! haha *slaps forhead*

system in intending to do is the recirc dwc

Oh and yeah TRD2JZ, dw mate I've done a tonne of reading... when I say I haven't decided the cupboard size... it's not going to vary that much tbh. I mean... It's going to be around big enough to fit 6 plants and thats basically it.. prob something along the lines of... 1.5m wide x .5 - .8m deep x 1.2m high. Around that sort of area.. sorry I should of put that though..

Anyhow all good to know so far, I guess I'll go the pearlite to start then :)

Sweet as man, have to agree with ozzy though about height, 1200mm is not enough.If you were to get 1600-1800mm in height you will be sweet, the other dimensions you gave with the 1800mm height would make it the same size and shape as mine and I run a 600watter. I am able to squeeze 8 in a pinch and 6 fits perfectly, I dont use very large pots though only 20L. Ended up going a different route with my ventilation, bought a portable air con unit, scored a 1200 btu Midea for 450 :) bargain.

I guess perlite sounds like a pretty good idea.

Good luck with it brother. :)

good point =P I was more trying to point out general wardrobe dimensions..

On the other hand, I dont intend to grow my plants high, I will most likely be supercropping, considering sog. I want small bushy good yielding =) don't want massive plants..

Somethings that some new ppl to growing forget is that what ever the size of the plant wile u are in veg, when u turn to bud the plant will grow 2/3rds the size it is.

In other words in u have a plant say 1 foot tall once u turn to bud it will grow up to another 2 foot, even if u sog it works out the same way,a plant say 100 tall when turn to bud will end up close to 300mm tall, depending on strain could be more or less...