Help! Clones are dying

I have had some clones in rockwool for about 2 days now and yesterday I noticed that a lot of the clones had yellow leaves and that the rockwool cubes were quite light. I am not sure what I have done wrong as I soaked the rockwool cubes in a weak veg nute solution prior to putting the clones in them and the clones are sitting on top of a heat mat in a humidity box. I previous had the heat mat set to 35 deg but I though this was too hot, maybe this is the reason for the light cubes???.... I have now switched the temp down to 30 deg.... Hope this is okay??

I am not sure if I should re wet the cubes ?? .... I have also been misting the cubes once daily, I am not sure if I should be doing it more often but I don't want it to be too wet and cause rot...

I also have two of the side vents open but was wondering if I should open the top vent too?

Any help would be fantastic and much appreciated, I am happy to post pictures if that helps

I have had some clones in rockwool for about 2 days now and yesterday I noticed that a lot of the clones had yellow leaves and that the rockwool cubes were quite light. I am not sure what I have done wrong as I soaked the rockwool cubes in a weak veg nute solution prior to putting the clones in them and the clones are sitting on top of a heat mat in a humidity box. I previous had the heat mat set to 35 deg but I though this was too hot, maybe this is the reason for the light cubes???.... I have now switched the temp down to 30 deg.... Hope this is okay??

I am not sure if I should re wet the cubes ?? .... I have also been misting the cubes once daily, I am not sure if I should be doing it more often but I don't want it to be too wet and cause rot...

I also have two of the side vents open but was wondering if I should open the top vent too?

Any help would be fantastic and much appreciated, I am happy to post pictures if that helps

Hey mate, you definitely need to make sure that cube stays wet, try and go off the weight of the cube, if it starts to feel alittle light, rewet them. I would forget about the weak nutes in wet the cubes to begin with, probably doing more harm than good. Just use distilled water, if you like add alittle B12, that will help things along. Are you using a rooting hormone?

The heating mat doesnt need to be so warm, about 3-5 degrees above ambient works well for me.

Get ya temps down to 22 mate thats way 2 hot, u wana keep ya cubes moist NOT wet, and spray ya leaves with a VERY weak nute solution every day or when needed. Other than that leave em alone >:(

And im sure u can work out how to wet ya cubes :peace: :punk:

keep vents closed thats y drying out, cant create humidity if u have good open air flow.

Do you find that spraying with the weak nute solution is necessary? I find I have the best results spraying with just plain distilled water and alittle b12 till they have properly rooted and are ready to go into a grow system with 1/4 strength nutes.

I understand that while laying new roots, clones need to take in nutrient through the leaves, but my understanding was that while recovering from the shock of being cut away from the mother, the clone needs next to nothing in the form of nutrients.

I'm not meaning to say your wrong, I'm just wondering if there is any particular reason for it, or if it's just something you have found works best for you? What PPM do you use in the spray?

Everyone has there own way. I like 2 lets pics talk so here is 25 fresh sk1 clones cut 7 days ago..will have 100 % strike rate after 10.

post-16360-1266642853_thumb.jpg

Next pic is 3 weeks from cut foot n half tall, plenty of branchin n healthy ready to flip.

post-16360-1266642879_thumb.jpg

Dont measure ppm but ids say at 1mil of a&b into a liter of water be about 400ppm.

I dont know all the ins n outs of why plants grow n what they need. i keep it simple dude feed n leave em alone. I dont even know what b2 is, i find more ya bring into it more ya gona fuck up. >:(

good luck boys :peace:

hey raven..

every1 else seems to have already covered everything so i cant really think of much to add except that you could possibly try spraying them with a clone food instead of nutes.. i use dutchmaster APS and seem to have good results with it.. took 8 clones a few weeks back and 100% strike rate.. also i did actually kill a few clones a little while ago by wetting the rockwool too much and everything basically just rotted... >:(

im sure the freindly folk on hre will have you cloning like a demon in no time, so good luck with it, hope it all sorts itself out for you :peace:

I dont know all the ins n outs of why plants grow n what they need. i keep it simple dude feed n leave em alone. I dont even know what b2 is, i find more ya bring into it more ya gona fuck up. >:(

good luck boys :peace:

Oh, I meant this stuff http://www.cycoflower.com/Boost.html. This is just the brand I use, I'm sure other manufactures produce similar products. I find that using this also gives me 100% success rates with clones.

They look really awesome dude, I'm also a big fan of not messing with them to much. Just wondering, do you ever find that there is any nute burn at all after spraying them? Those clones look very large, how many nodes did they have when you clipped them? I usually take my clones after about 3-4 nodes have formed.

Perhaps if you clip them alittle later than I do, they are more tolerant of the nutes, I just know that my clones are usually pretty sensitive about nutes very early.

Thanks a lot guys, well good news!! About 50 percent of the clones have now rooted :peace: I think the problem was me leaving the vents in the humidity crib open and not misting with a weak nute solution, plus I got told by an old grower who I showed the clones too that I didn't trim the leaves up enough as well.... Will let you know if the rest of my babies pull through