Clones taken during flowering

Hello everyone,

unfortunately much to my horror my outdoor plants have started to flower, they were approximately two weeks into flower (last time I visited my plants) when I cut some clones. I have cut 40 clones and the are currently in rockwool (soaked in a weak nute solution) in a clone box sitting on a heat pad set at 35 deg. I have closed the vents on the clone box for the first 48 hours to get the humdity up but I am yet to mist the p

clones, probably gonna do that tomorrow ..... Any pointers to help my babies root faster, really don't want to loose this strain!!!

Thanks Chops, In the past I have had problems with over misting clones and causing stem and leaf rot....so I am trying to prevent that problem by not misting much as I believe it should be humid enough in the clone box.....any thoughts on this guys??...maybe just misting once a day?

thanks tommo....I always appreciate every bit of help I can get at this....there is always something to learn about this wonderful art of ours :thumbsup:....strangely enough the clones I cut in flower have rooted fast, 50% have roots after 12 days ( praise the the ganja gods :peace: ) and I expect the others to be well rooted by about 5 days time......even stranger the ones I cut the day after from a mates sativa that was still in veg havent started to show roots yet ???...time will tell.....and yes Tommo definateky gonna veg them up indoors for a few weeks before they go into the beautiful outdoors :D

You dont need to mist clones! What you need to do is raise humidity up and keep the medium slightly moist and at room temperature. A humidity dome makes this easy.

I get roots out of my pots in 5-10 days by pre-wetting the medium, using clonex and placing them in a humidity dome. Thats all I do - no re-watering, no misting, no music playing and no nutrients. You want to force the plant to grow roots - if its being watered/fed then it wont need the roots so will grow them slowly if at all.

Everyone seems to be forgetting one thing, you all live in different parts of a country that gets different levels of humidity. Shroomy you are nowhere remotely hot or dry, of course your clones won't need extra misting. SS mists his with great success as he lives in South Australia. If I mist clones in Qld depending on the humidity they will stand a fair chance of rotting at the stem or going mouldy right on the growth tip, try growing a clone that has roots a couple of worn out leaves and no growth tip!

The humidity dome should produce enough humidity by itself with the windows closed, if your are in a dry climate and want to increase the humidity in the dome add some wet perlite and sit the cubes on that. Cutting the biggest fan leaves off or in half saves the clone moisture and energy. Open the windows as required when the first roots start to show through the bottom of the cubes to 'harden the clone off'.

It does seem to take a couple days more for flowering clones to throw roots and 2-3 weeks to get rid of the reveg leaf. Trim them up as the new growth takes off.

If your in a colder part of Oz a heat pad with thermostst control works great at speeding up root development also.

Take a look where you live, Australia is a big place with different conditions, use the information/tools to suit your enviroment.