Most my plants dead :( :(

A couple of weeks ago as I posted in another thread a dog jumped the enclosure and destroyed many of my plants.

Well I got rid of that dog.

Last night, overnight, some animal (not a dog) got inside the enclosure and killed 70% of my plants (by coincidence the 70% it killed were all the good healthy plants, leaving only a few poor plants behind).

I just can't fucking believe it.

Every time I try anything its always doomed to failure due to circumstances outside of my control.

Its too late to start again (not that I have the money).

Well its over. Its over.

I am very upset, I invested all my money and lots of time in this.

I've got no idea what sort of animal did this, but this area is infested with rats. Also there are many cats around here from other houses. Many of the plants were ripped totally in half, with the top half (and the leaves) missing. Some were just simply snapped in half.

Well probably better it happened now, I'm sure that if they'd grown bigger knowing my luck I would have got ripped off or busted by the police.

Edited by cybergenesis

Yeah I'm quite sure it wasn't a person. My backyard and house is fairly secure against people.

All the signs indicate some sort of animal, not a dog this time!

Well I don't usually smoke weed when I'm depressed, but I think I will fire some up and try to get my mind off things for a while... I was really passionate about this, I had 20 plants going, had more than that before the dog got to them... Now I have 5 plants, 3 of them have about 80% of their leaves "chomped" off by something.

Remember they were all small plants, most around 2-3 weeks old.

Edited by cybergenesis

Oh everyone thanks for reading this self pity thread. But I actually feel like I am mourning the loss of my plants!!!

I have a bit of good news.. My brother is going to lend me one of his 1000w globes and I will grow 10 autoflowering plants under 24/7 light. This should happen within 2-3 weeks, though I will be growing organically, we won't do a hydro set up this round.

Then around the time that harvests, my grow cupboard should be ready.. That will be a full hydro multistage grow cupboard!

After winter I might try outdoor again, setting up a full protective area that even a mouse couldn't get into.

I really needed those plants to grow, I am on a low income and I like to consume a lot of weed, but I simply cannot afford it, yet I stubbornly refuse to part ways with the herb... So until I can grow some, its going to cost me a fortune.

Bad luck CyberG. Try and get a grow going as fast as you can. I've had lots of bad luck growing my plants, including being ringbarked by rats; eaten by my horse (that was funny, he just stood there with a happy look on his face and looked at me and farted!) had an all male crop and have been raided by the cops. I'm crossing my fingers that I will get a yield from my 3 female plants in about a month

bugger... that sux.. do you have bush turkeys where you are???? those bastards will anything and everything..

i dont know if a cat would do it.. i have 5 cats and none of them will even go near my plants, they dont like the smell.. but if you have turkeys around id guess it was them or maybe possums.. i have been tryin to grow my own veges out the back but everytime they get eaten by the fuckin bush turkeys....^_^.. i think you got the right idea with gettin a light and growing indoors..much safer, just make sure you have no light leaks for nosey nieghbours to see, tell no one and all should be good..

best of luck with the new setup dude.. lol

I feel your pain cyber. I have had 3 clones that I had outside destroyed by my new puppy. They were in small pots next to my larger pots. I was able to take clones off of one that had been lying there for a while. Can you clone your plants and veg them indoors under a fluro or something reading for next season.

All the best mate hang in there i'm barracking for ya

Cheers Chops

Sorry to hear that, Cyber. You've certainly had your fair share of drama with this lot! I completely understand the mourning you're feeling. When you put so much energy and care into something, only to have it stuffed, I reckon that's entirely normal.

Good luck with the indoor grow. IMO, the outdoor grow sounded a bit risky anyway - if lots of people knew about it, and you're just growing in a backyard with no odor control or real stealth etc, then I reckon you might have dodged a bit of a bullet anyway.

Keep us posted. We're all barracking for you.