Dad who gave up cannabis in suicide

A DAD of two who quit a ten-year cannabis habit killed himself due to the "frustration and anger" he suffered without it, an inquest heard yesterday.

Zowie Tobin, 23, smoked up to £120 worth a week since he was 13 but spiralled into depression after stopping for the sake of his two kids.

Four days after quitting he began behaving erratically and walked out of the home he shared with girlfriend Samantha Cowdrey, 21, saying he "wanted to kill himself" in Westbury, Wilts.

She told a Trowbridge inquest: "It was totally out of character. He was polite, friendly - he'd do anything for anybody."

He visited mum Carol before vanishing. A dog walker found his body by a lake four days later.

The unemployed glazier died of a combination of an overdose of anti-depressants and drowning. Verdict: suicide.

Author: JOHN COLES

Date: 21 January 2010

Source: The Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...ed-suicide.html

This to me is another medical reason why cannabis should be legalised because going cold turkey after years of addiction IMO posses risks and the help long term users get from medical services is far from ideal.

With the proper help an addict could possibly go on a tapering off program with suitable medical grade cannabis so they could slowly adjust to the change; just my idea.

I wonder in some cases whether dopamine withdrawal can be an issue?

WHY?

I mean, what. the fuck....

Quit for the sake of his two kids, even though he was a "polite and friendly person who's do anything for anybody".

Then he promptly kills himself, essentially fucking up his kids forever.

AHHHH!!!! I just don't know what to say to this, seriously.... Either the story is completely made up or this guy was seriously fucking retarded in logical thinking.

I feel for his partner and his chrildren. There has to be more to it than just that, he killed himself after he gave up. I just can't see this happening without some other underlying reason.

Then again if he was smoking from age thirteen he must have been very fucked up. If he was smoking cannabis from that age then imo he would maybe have been trying other drugs over that time span.

There has to be more to it than that. Only been off it for four days then kills himself beggars belief.

Yeah was thinking the same thing brick, I wonder when he started on the Anti Depressants, did he start taking them on the leadup to deciding to stop, a day after, on the day of his death?

Antidepressants & Suicide, FDA Warns

The FDA has warned that children and adults taking antidepressants can become suicidal in the first weeks of therapy and that physicians should watch patients closely when first giving the drugs or changing dosages. The FDA is asking drug manufacturers to place explicit warnings about the drugs' side effects, including the risk of suicide, on their labels.

also 120 quid a week is a fair bit of money for a 13/14/15 etc. year old.

• Admin
Yeah was thinking the same thing brick, I wonder when he started on the Anti Depressants, did he start taking them on the leadup to deciding to stop, a day after, on the day of his death?

Yet they still try to tell us cannabis is illegal because it's bad for us.... What a joke