SICK PLANTS

I would say that you need a soil pH meter, and stop watering the plant for a while.

If the pH is too high dilute some hydrochloric acid and lower the pH in the soil.

If its too low you need calcium nutes to boost it up.

I would also say stop fertilizing them with nitrogen or miracle grow for a while.

Plants dont need to be fed non stop, they do not get the munchies.

If the pH is too high dilute some hydrochloric acid and lower the pH in the soil.

That has to be one of the stupidest suggestions I have heard in a long time , if you want to dilute things like hydrocloric acid then do so cause no-one will miss you but don't recommend it to others

Anyone else just think back to chemistry when you learned what happens when you mix acids and bases , 99% of australia's rain water is alkaline and depending on the time of year can contain some pretty active elements like sodium which you certainly don't want to be using when diluting , it is also why you add your pH adjusters to a full body or water instead of whilst it';s topping up even though the amount added is miniscule in comparison to the ratio your sugesting the mix is NOT stable. All these products that are diluted by manufacturers use distilled water.

Adjust ph correctly and use the correct ph up or down doses as needed , if you need to dilute it to get things right then I would consider more on your dosing methods , most hydro stores will happily give you a 3 ml pippet dropper if you ask for one

One day I will maybe figure out why you keep on signing up new accounts Crank but I don't give a shit what your calling yourself these days bad or dangerous advice isn't appreciated by anyone keep it for your own grows

As for the plants they look like they are suffering from quite a few issues , my suggestion would be to cut away all of those leafs which are wilted up to avoid potential deisese spreading and essentially start from blank on the system with a clean flush of fresh ph adjusted water , then mix up a fresh batch of rose purpose nutrients at about 4/3 recommended strenght ( or even better cannabis ) feed it this every 2nd or 3rd watering which should cover the majority of your plants needs with the exception of certain boost periods for elements ie P , K , N at the start of flower , and P, K towards the end of flower. Also ensure that your plants are drying out between waterings , often a ph fluctuation has something to do with stagnant pooling that isn't drying out between waterings.

Plants dont need to be fed non stop, they do not get the munchies.

Actually they pretty much do the difference is the methodology of feeding , in a hydroponic system the water constantly has to be enriched with the exception of the flushing periods because the medium contains no elements at all and is unable to store them , in soil aswell as other organic methods the plants have the food available to them for longer periods of time therefore they feed as needed which means you may not need to introduce new nutrients each watering but they are certainly being used , this is also why its harder to burn plants with organic feeds , if they don't need it they ignore it where as when a salt based nutrients are used the plant is essentially forced to take them up and store them in the plants tissue this can result in burning ect

:bongon:

99% of australia's rain water is alkaline and depending on the time of year can contain some pretty active elements like sodium which you certainly don't want to be using when diluting ,

While i agree with all the very good advice given by PURE and yes if your diluting concentrated PH adjusting chemicals, it should be done with distilled water.

But to say that 99% of Australian rain water is alkaline is a bit far fetched?? where does that figure come from??

I live on rain water and when it is kept in a plastic tank it is mostly slightly acidic around 6 - 6.5. When stored in concrete tanks it becomes alkaline because

the water leaches minerals from the concrete.

Rain water in general is slightly acidic, it is natures own distilled water, only when it is treated with chemicals and stored does it become alkaline or it can pick up too much CO2 in the air when its falling and it becomes more acidic = acid rain

Cheers