aiming for mega plants need help

i am aiming for some mega plants my room is i think 1.8m x 1.8m there are 4 plants in 50l pots iam using ak48 with coco in 1 and cocoperl in the other 3.i am using cyco part a and b and also dutch master max (potash) at the moment i am feeding the plants 8L per day.the plants are under 1000w MH,600w HPS,400w MH,400w HPS.the reason i have done it like that because i am about 2 weeks from turning them back and i want themto have a mix of MH and HPS before i put them under 10x600wHPS,1x400HPS and 1x1000HPS.the room is at 25c with and without lights.when lights are on i have the aircon running.knock on wood everything is going well but i need some answers if possible.

Q1.is it better to keep trimming back the leaves on the plant or let them grow?the leaves grow bigger then my hand and block alot of lightso do i leave or do i trim(snap them off?)

Q2.is it better to leave the top of the plant on or cut it off?i have cut 1 off already and all the side stems are growing crazy so do i do it to the rest or leave them on?

Q3.at the bottom of the plants i get these small leaves that turn yellow is that because they dont get light or what is it.i only get about 4 every week or so.so what could it be?

Q4.i have the roots of the plants coming through the run off hose do i keep snapping them off or do i get bigger pots.at the moment i check there run off hose everyday.so what is the best thing to do?

Q5.when i turn them backis it better to run all the hps lights i have from the start or is it better to start with 6 then add 1 or 2 lights a week after that?

my last grow was 2 yrs ago because i have been away on holidays thank to the S.A goverment.not my choice.but anyway from that grow i had 3 plants and i got 5 pounds from that grow and i pulled them a week early i am hoping to do much better then that this time.i have already grown them for longer and bigger then the last grow and i am also using a diffrent strain.so i really hope i get much more.so if somone could please help me out and answer those qeustions it would help me out lots thanks.here are some pics of them 3 days ago.the other problem is that i have 2 that are lagging a bit i have no reason why.they were transported into bigger pot a week later then the others and there are and have been growing steady but not as fast as the other 2.so i really hope its because i transported them a week later.the pics are not that great because i have a crap phone so hopfully i can get some better ones soon.anyone that can help please do.thanks in advance

post-36603-1263938938_thumb.jpg

post-36603-1263938988_thumb.jpg

post-36603-1263939026_thumb.jpg

post-36603-1263939052_thumb.jpg

post-36603-1263939068_thumb.jpg

post-36603-1263939109_thumb.jpg

post-36603-1263939133_thumb.jpg

post-36603-1263939169_thumb.jpg

well doctor it seems like a great setup :)

Q1. no dont trim leaves off, they are the solar panels that make sugars and starches even though they throw shade but they are catching and converting light energy to growing energy

Q2. depends on what sorta grow, how much room ... with low plant numbers and plenty of lights (which you have) the idea would be to scrog the palnts , by overlaying netting across the plants and training them underneath until flower-time, alternately you can tip all the growing leaders to make plant more bushy but this can only be done successfully a few times before you need the netting for training and support IMO

Q3. yea those odd lower yellow leaves are to be expected, they will relocate the green chlorophyll to different areas of the plant for use , can be gently removed when leaf is dead.

Q4. someone else can answer this ,in short, roots will always follow the source of thier life-giving water and nutrients and not always cause they are rootbound which i doubt yours are

Q5. please yourself

these answers are just suggestions for you to consider along with everyone else's opinions

:thumbsup:

yeah one thing most people still find it hard to beleive is that if you play full volume heavy metal to your plants it actually stimulates their growth from the vibrations.

Mythbusters did this with a few bean plants.

If you really want MEGA plants.... stick egg cartons on the walls and blast your plant with some death metal 24/7.

part 1

part 2

Nice work Doc nice to see ya going hard :bongon:

Have to slightly disagree with Frazz in regards to your first question. Sometimes the amount of energy produced is disproportionate to the amount of growth and flower development lost because of lack of/or shaded light. If you don't want to trim them you can always tuck the leaves down but imo an my exp i'd rather light hitting growing tips or flowers than not cutting off a few big shade leaves.

Some strains dont like being tipped but with your style and amount of light you got i;d be tipping heaps as you want em to spread right out.

keep trimming the roots i reckon, depending how much longer you gunna veg for you got lotta time left and those hoses gunna get blocked for sure. you could possibly add another drain as insurance...

Hit em with max light asap i reckon and are you going to run any lights vert? I think it would definitely be helpful, you'll get solid bud over the whole plant.

Anyways best of luck mate :bongon:

Lmao crank the mythbusters episode was shit and not very conclusive. If you want mega plants then use lots of light and veg for a bit longer, music aint gunna do fuck all to help.

peace

c

CRANK! :bongon: you certainly picked that name well

if you keep bringing bullshit to the table i will keep pointing it out ... ffs mythbusters are just for entertainment you tripper!

:bongon:

you missed the point.... it was a joke... I dont expect anyone to throw slipknot on and leave their plants in a room shaking from an amp.

and quit demonizing me for cracking a joke and attempting to spiral this into a meaningless pointless argument.

....a joke is a joke.... and dont go looking for a fight because im not going to give you one.

Edited by crank